25Hz Tapped Horn

CECAA850

My spud is still raw birch, as once I got it done I put it in the HT to do some listening, and the thought of moving keeps from from doing any thing more to it.

Have you had a chance to play with the new one yet?

Spuds are great. I helped a friend build and install 3 of them in his HT room. I have two DTS-10 "Super Spuds" but I think that 4 of the regular spuds is a better choice. Heck Danley's president uses 4 spuds in his home and I'm sure he could have whatever he wanted there, but chose those.

I just ran over the completed box by hand with a round over bit on my router. I'll have to go out in the garage and dig in my box to see what size it was. I have a few and picked out the one that was "about right". 3/16 maybe??? I'll holler back after I find the bit.

The bit wasn't stamped but it measured 3/16".

Marked for future reference... I think I will finish my pair with a similar round over and a top coat of DuraTex.

I have 1 built and the 2nd one awaiting the 2nd side to be glued on to complete the cabinet.

Stupid Kitchen renovation is getting in my way and not allowing me hobby time :angry:

Carl,

I am sure Erich's "kit" would make life easy with this build but for those that don't have access to the flatpak , or would rather try the scratch build like I did, should not have too much trouble with going that route.

Even with moderate wood working shills and basic tools, this is a great project to tackle!

Thanks again for spotlighting another cool sub.