25Hz Tapped Horn

CECAA850

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

These dry Januarys lead to long wet Februarys. I have read that several times. Still no idea what you said.

Dang, let me tried again.  sounds like you need another cup of coffee.  Take 2 subs.  Turn the first one upside down and place it on the floor with the mouth on top as opposed to the bottom.  Place another one on top of it in the normal orientation.  The 2 mouths will be next to each other and should couple.

You capisce or need pictures?

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Dang, let me tried again.  sounds like you need another cup of coffee.  Take 2 subs.  Turn the first one upside down and place it on the floor with the mouth on top as opposed to the bottom.  Place another one on top of it in the normal orientation.  The 2 mouths will be next to each other and should couple.

I got it the first time, just reading what you actually wrote was amusing (to me).

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My need to draw it out with crayons so @MookieStl will understand lol.

This whole thread is about the Exodus Anarchy 25hz tapped horn.
That is what I need for my MEHs. I wish I could get a flatpack still or some plans... I know where I can get some CNC work done if I had the plans.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Just now, NBPK402 said:

That is what I need for my MEHs. I wish I could get a flatpack still or some plans... I know where I can get some CNC work done if I had the plans.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Contact @MookieStl , I believe he CNC'd his and may have plans still.  Be sure to use crayon, arrows and circles to illustrate what you want or it will be a long conversation.  Eventually he'll say that he understood you the first time though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vince1966 said:

I'm building 2 of these subs now, plan on using the Anarchy 708 Mid woofer from DIYsoundgroup but I am still up in the air on a decent amp to drive them with my pioneer sx1050. any recommendations that will not kill the bank? thanks

I used a bash 300 plate amp with my dual's has high level inputs.

11 minutes ago, Vince1966 said:

I'm building 2 of these subs now, plan on using the Anarchy 708 Mid woofer from DIYsoundgroup but I am still up in the air on a decent amp to drive them with my pioneer sx1050. any recommendations that will not kill the bank? thanks

Not sure what the "best" is, but I use the Dayton SA230. Since you bought 8 ohm speakers, it can drive both of your subs with it. I like the outboard amps so no crawling around to adjust crossover, phase, gain, etc. Your receiver has pre outs so you can loop the signal through the sub amp and back to your receiver. Fairly simple set up. About the right amount of power for those drivers. Many good options.

I use a pair of Behringer iNuke1000dsp amps.  The low price (one was an “open box” from Parts Express), class D operation, balanced inputs, and dsp to set the crossover make them nearly perfect for my needs.  Even though iNukes are notoriously overrated as to power, each amp is able to easily drive a pair of 8 ohm TH subs.  I removed the noisy fans and never turn them off.  There have been ZERO problems now for several years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vince1966 said:

thank you, i like the idea of one plate amp, i have a nice old speaker cab i can fit it into to dress it up. 

My son uses a Dayton plate amp to drive one with good results.  There is no way to build a plate amp into the design without substantially altering the internal dimensions, or having it look like a goiter.  Some sort of external case is the best solution.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, rockhound said:

Diz - What do you have the subs crossed at?

80 Hz, or possibly lower, I’d have to connect a laptop to the iNukes to be certain.  The “Supered” HIPs roll off naturally.  The dsp in the iNukes control the slope and frequency range of the crossovers to the subs.

It’s interesting to add or subtract the subs or the mains during playback.  For instance, during the opening of DSOTM, turning off the iNukes greatly diminishes the heartbeats, but turning off the mains has very little effect on the heartbeats.