Is Bose worth the price?

mungkiman

Over spending on boutique items like Lexicon remind of PT Barnums quotes," Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public.”

?

P.T. Barnum

“Never give a sucker an even break.”

?

P.T. Barnum

It seems that those prices listed in the Bose system article are similar to what Pioneer Elite was charging for plasma displays when they exited the display business. The difference here is that the Pioneer Elite displays were the best in the business, while there's currently no performance benchmark established on where the Bose-version stands. With so many other, great displays out there at more reasonable price points, I seriously doubt Bose will have much success at those prices, unless they are permeating the air in their salon stores with hallucinogens in order to dupe customers in to buying this crap. As PWK would say: "BULLSH*T!" -Glenn

I seriously doubt Bose will have much success at those prices, unless they are permeating the air in their salon stores with hallucinogens in order to dupe customers in to buying this crap

Apparently most BoSe customers are that way going into the store to begin with.

To think of what I could do and have done with $5500 on this forum[:o] And that's after 90 Grateful Dead and 55 Phish concerts.

If hallucinogens made people buy Bose they would be made legal. I chalk up the success of Bose to people like Edward Bernays and Walt Lippman, who mastered the art of selling just about everything - including war. If you can sell war, you can sell just about anything. Bernays wrote a book about it - called PROPAGANDA, and having a thorough understanding of it will give you insight into how outfits like Bose exist and thrive. They do so in a sea of disinformation.

It's most certainly NOT on any factual basis.....

• Moderators

I seriously doubt Bose will have much success at those prices, unless they are permeating the air in their salon stores with hallucinogens in order to dupe customers in to buying this crap

Apparently most BoSe customers are that way going into the store to begin with.

Better sound through MARKETING.

The pioneer elites at least were leading the charge, I cant believe how much people sell them for on 2nd hand especially now that the new displays have come so far. It simply created a strong brand loyalty and since they sold their technology to panasonic I'd gladly pay half as much for new

Both lexicon and the bose stories are news to me, not that I would buy either

A foole & his money,

be soone at debate:

which after with sorow,

repents him to late.