What radio stations do you listen to?

mungkiman

I ask this question because I was given a Sonos device for my birthday. It supports local, national, and international stations (as well as my music library, Pandora/Spotify, etc.) , and I'm curious as to what's out there that I wouldn't necessarily find on my own. In addition to providing a stations name/call letters, please consider noting the type of music played. I won't suggest genres that I don't listen to, as others here might like those suggestions. Thanks in advance. PS - For Jazz fans, try KMHD 89.1 here in Portland, OR.

I periodically visit Boise, ID, and find the local college station, KBSU-FM, outstanding for classical music. It had very good jazz programs on Saturdays.

It's one of those stations that seamlessly blends broadcast segments by expert individuals actually located in various places around the country, with spots of real-time local news, weather, etc. It sounds very local overall. The jazz broadcasts were locally produced at one time, but I don't know about now.

The two classical stations in the DC area are excellent: WBJC-FM in Baltimore, and WETA-FM in DC.

I have made 9 full on radio genre stations, which each can run randomly or in a straight playlist for 48 to 100 hours before a repeat of a song depending on the station/genre I mixde together. I love that stuff, i wish a station program director actually paid real money.

But if I am dependant on the radio, I would say 88.5 WXPN,

Louisville KY...WFPK 91.9 fm listener supported and on iradio. The biggest variety in radio. You like jazz, rock, folk, progressive, bluegrass and more....they play it all. I've heard music I would never have listened to otherwise.

My father suggested KPLU in Seattle. I'm streaming Buddy Guy's "Are You Losing Your Mind" from Stone Crazy right now. Thanks KPLU... Enjoy.

I also like KPLU (listening to them right now, on their Port Angeles repeater, KVIX, at 89.3), plus 91.3 The Zone (from Victoria) is good for New Music.

I find myself listening to KLBJ from Austin TX and Corpus Christ TX's C101 the most.

KLBJ has been a great station for music for the past 35 years....

No doubt, KLBJ's been one of my all-time favorites for decades too. I missed them while living in Tulsa, OK, but Phil & Brent on 98.7 FM did a good job helping me with my withdrawl symptoms.