which microsystem

glennbarn

Hi,

I'm not that technical with these speakers stuff, though I know a thing or two about home theaters.

I'm just wondering, which one is better in terms of sound quality and output power, Quintet or the System 6 ? (Of course, assuming that I have exactly the same subwoofer)

Also, how would these setup compare to Promedia 5.1 ?

I would appreciate any feedback especially those who heard these units in comparison.

I would have to agree w/ Cory. I listened to both the Quintets and the System 6's and chose the System 6's due to their ability to provide richer sounds. Really, there is no comparison. The only reason for the Quintets is if you have to have tiny speakers. My wife made me look at those first because she thought they were "cute," but I talked her into the System 6's (paired w/ a KSW-12 instead of the KSW-10). The base from the 12 is worth the extra cash IMHO. The Promedia 5.1's sound good (I have a set for my computer), but they do not sound as good as the Quintets. They are a good setup for a PC, but I wouldn't use them for my home theater.

------------------

Chris Pittman

Webmaster

Chris@pcSCOOP.com

http://www.pcSCOOP.com

I have had the ProMedia, the Quinets and the System 6. The System 6 wins hands down, the Quintets are far better than the ProMedia's, the price represents their superiority Smile.gif

Get the Synergies. Larger package brings larger sound.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>