It rained.

Speedball

FINALLY!

Downtown it poured down rain for about a half hour or so and the ground stayed wet for a while too.

It has been real dry around here lately.

Glad to hear it.... Our area, the area around Dallas, is one of the few regions of Texas that is not part of the severe drought that has struck the southwest.

• Moderators

We have had rain here everyday for almost 2 weeks, which is OK compared to the dry and hot for a few weeks before that, we were starting to feel likeTexas East.

Although the grass is about a foot high now, I am going to get some new finishing mower blades before I try to cut it because it's going to be tough and my blades are beyond just needing a sharpening, there sometimes leaving a little strip uncut in spots because the blades are worn a little shorter. [:$]

All is well in our neck of the woods, i.e. San Antonio-Austin area.

So far, this has been 1 of the mildest summers I can recall ever experiencing in South Texas. Dare I say, it's been a wimpy summer so far, and I like it that way. Makes me wonder about the winter ahead; Will it be a cold one? I hope so, makes it good for the deer hunting.

The clouds outside my window are ominous looking, thunder, lightening and the promise of more rain. The crab-grass is doing fine, ouch. Over the past week, we have received in excess of 4" of rain fall, and we're very greatful for every last drop. San Santonio even got flooded, and had to close down some local streets last week. As a matter of fact, their getting pounded again right now as I type this message.

Radar shows the rain mass slowing tracking to the N.W., which is a good thing, Eagle Pass is drier than a popcorn fart.

• Moderators

It NEVER rained here today, the first day in at least 2 weeks 3.25" just the last 2 days. Humidity at a steady 100%, I may need a bush hog instead of a finishing mower at this rate, you can almost watch the grass grow.

Still better than hot and dry I guess.

Yesterday, at about 3:00 pm the temp. reached 106 and then a "very" welcome thunderstorm rolled through and the temp. dropped to 78.

Today it reached 107, with no rain. We are back to normal... lol...

Yesterday, at about 3:00 pm the temp. reached 106 and then a "very" welcome thunderstorm rolled through and the temp. dropped to 78.

Today it reached 107, with no rain. We are back to normal... lol...

Ehh , 107 in Texas is like high 80's here , it's a dry heat . Lived in Pheonix AZ for a couple of years and it was easier to go through a summer there than it is here . Oh yeah , rained pretty strong here a couple of days ago . Cooled to almost comfortable that day , back to the usual oppressive now .