Any new Denon A/V receivers coming out soon?

Kain

Just wondering. Smile.gif

Is there gonna be a Denon AVR-4803 or something? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I see there is a Denon 5803. Looks like it has a really cool feature of converting all video inputs to output on component video so you don't have to mess around with multiple different video in's on your TV (provided your TV is HDTV ready type) I know this is a big pain with my current Denon 4800. But they don't give away the 5803 at $4000 +

Hi Kain64,

I have heard from my dealer that Denon is planning to bring out more 03's this year. As in their current line the main differance will be power output.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

DVD Denon 2800 (Soon to be Denon 9000)

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Thanks for the replies. Smile.gif

So, the only improvments made in the "xx03" models is the power output?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Denon 580 also has THX ultra 2 which if I understand it correctly is a true 7 channel source giving you in effect two rear centre channels. The 03 line has more improvements as well. Also, there IS NO hiss of any kind. My 5803 has 7 x 170 watt amps which when coupled with my r7's absolutley shakes the house. I would say that Denon 5803 is very close in quality to a Bryston amp and is alittle cheaper to buy.

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

DVD Denon 2800 (Soon to be Denon 9000)

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Dafishguy said:

I would say that Denon 5803 is very close in quality to a Bryston amp and is alittle cheaper to buy.

From looking at the specs on the 5803, it sure is impressive. Personally, I think it is the ultimate as far as recievers go (plus the thing is software upgradable - that is if newer formats come out, the preprocessor software can be upgraded in the unit). Go any higher than that, you are talking about high-end seperates. Personally, I think Dafishguy made a supurb purchase regarding the 5803. I sure as hell is envious cwm36.gif. Hey Justin! you still deciding on what to get for your home theater as far as recievers/pre/pro/amps are concerned? You just might want to give the 5803 a consideration.

As far as Denon and hissing, I do barely get any hissing out of my AVR3802 unless I crank it up to full blast. Even then, I have to put my ear against the speaker grill to hear it (althoug my center channel seem to hiss a bit more than the other channels when turned up to full blast).

When set at normal listening levels, yes, when putting my ears up against the speakers, there is a very slight hissing that can be heard when putting the ear right up against the speaker grill, but the sound of the harddrive in my DirecTV reciever is louder than that. Since that is not my normal listening position, it does not bother me the least bit and does not seem to effect the sound quality at all. (Now, watching Star Wars Episode IV on VHS hissed like a snake, but that is due to the video tape and the fact the movie pretty old and I imagine the mixing was not quite as good as in these modern DVDs).

Also to add - when the recieve is set to regular 2-channel stereo mode, I do not get any hissing at all at normal listening levels, even when putting my ear up against the speaker grill. When cranked up full, there is a very slight, barely perceptable hiss that can be heard when putting the ear up against the speaker.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 06-05-2002 at 09:56 PM

about the background noise/hissing problem...

okay, big deal, you pump up the volume, put your ear up to the speaker and hear hissing with nothing playing... SO WHAT?

can you honestly say that you hear it when the movie/music is playing? of course not. I have a very noisy fan on my PC, and when the Promedias are playing relatively loud, I can't hear it either, so there is no way you are going to make me believe that this problem is in fact a problem.

putting your ear up to the speaker with no source playing and the volume up is a very artificial listening test. in no way does it represent the real performance of the unit.

just my 2 cents.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Seb said:

can you honestly say that you hear it when the movie/music is playing? of course not. I have a very noisy fan on my PC, and when the Promedias are playing relatively loud, I can't hear it either, so there is no way you are going to make me believe that this problem is in fact a problem.

putting your ear up to the speaker with no source playing and the volume up is a very artificial listening test. in no way does it represent the real performance of the unit.

I am guessing this is a direct response to my post. What you said above was exactly the point I was attempting to get at. Some people seem to think the hissing problem is in fact a problem and it is not. I was just trying to demonstrate all the great lengths I had to go through to even get any noticable hissing out of my system and as a result, it was pointless to even worry about it.

There has been a couple entire threads on here about people making a big fuss about hissing in Denons and my post was a reponse to pierceb's post. Come on, look at the great lengths I had to go through to even get any noticable hissing or background noise in my setup. Seb is right, putting ears against the speaker with sound cranked and with nothing playing is a very artifical test that in no way indicates the performance of a given unit.

Yes, during normal listening from the sweet spot on good recorded material, the unit performs exactly as I would hope it would perform and that is supurbly and any background noise that may be generated is completely unnoticable, except in the case of poor quality recordings which themselves may contain alot of unwanted background noise.

And yes Seb, with regards to your PC and ProMedias, it is the same case here with me and my PC and ProMedias. Also, there is a harddrive in my DirectTV reciever that is louder than any hissing I get out of my HT system and it in no way effects the overall sound quality of my setup.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 06-06-2002 at 12:12 PM

i can recommend a few pcm cd that'll give any sys audible hiss at the listening position. Smile.gif no sys has a magic filter that let's the good highs thru but selectively filters the noise.

as for the receiver, preamp introducing noise, in many cases mute circuits & extra circuitry to reduce noise can also lead to the unit being less discrete when it is playing material. again which is more important- how good it sounds when playing or when idle? i want it all too but some trade-off there does exist, though w/ some not as much as a trade-off as others. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

skonopa, my post above was simply stating my opinion and pursuing your point a little more in depth.

I'm fully aware of your sharing my opinion, I was just trying to clarify the point a little bit.

hope I haven't come through as responding to your post in a negative way, but I did read quite a few threads on the same topic in the htf forums and I was a bit taken back by the fact that people actually gave some measure of credibility to such a stupid test.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Hey Seb, no problem. No offense taken. I guess I was just trying to clarify your clarification Smile.gif. Either case, the general point of both our posts still stands. Some people do seem to make hissing out to be a bigger issue than it really is. Now if something is really hissing excessively, which can be heard loudly at the listening position at normal volumes with no source material playing, than that might be a problem (bad signal processor or defective amp perhaps). For example, my ProMedias was hissing and squealing real loud last fall, which I traced to a defective amp. I since got it fixed and they are as good as new.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)