Serial Number on a Belle?

Rhetor

Picked up a pair of Belles a couple of months ago . . . Getting around now to using them and cleaning them up. When I bought them one had no sticker and the other had a detached sticker--can tell that one is original because part of it was still connected to its Belle and matched the tear off perfectly. Anyways, I can not find a stamped serial anywhere on either of them. The one sticker number indicates it is an 1988. Do all Belles have stamped in the wood serials like K-horns and La Scalas? Would I need to take the top off to see it? On my 1981 Belles the serial is stamped in the wood on the back to the top most board. Anybody know where to look on an '88 Belle sans sticker? Or we're there some years there may have not been stamped serials on the Belles? All the drivers and all of the wood, paint, grill material, and veneer look original; and neither Belle has an easily visible serial stamped in the wood. Thanx