Which rear surrounds - Heresy II or RS-7???

digger1978

Hi boa,

I saw a thread on another forum about timbre matching and it referenced requirements, etc.

The short answer was all your speakers should emit a sound that is timbre matched (which WDST do when used within their appropriate systems) but you will NEVER 'hear' all timbre matched sounds at your listening position. The locations of speakers, what they are sitting on, objects in close proximity, and reflections will all affect the timbre that reaches your ears.

The whole 'because of design' timbre argument is based on misconception or misapplication of theory.

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4

Gentlemen,

I first wanted to say that I had no idea that this post would gain so much attention. I want to thank all of you for your advice (and some humor). But I am sure some of you are curious as to what set up I decided to go with.

It took me 5 days of moving speakers arround (high/low), connecting/disconnecting wires, and moving some furniture. The end result was worth all the effort I put into my HT system. I have actually decided to go above and beyond what I originally wanted to do. I have decided to go with two systems. One strictly for HT and the other for music only.

For HT, I have decided to go with (5) Heresy II's all the way around and (1) RSW15 subwoofer. This set up sounded the best to me for HT. To my ears, this was the best balanced system for HT. Why did I not go with the RS7 for rears? Very simple....my ears did not like what they heard(with Lascala's or HeresyII mains). I am not badmouthing or not recommneding the RS7's, they just did not work for me. I really thought I would go with them, but to my amazement...no dice. (5) Heresy II's rock for HT. Highs, mids, lows were all smooth and well blended. The Lascala's were so clear and bright, they overpowered the center and rears. I don't have the proper room for another Lascala as a center(I thought about that to). This is the set up that worked best for my room acoustics.

As far as the Lascala's and KP115 subs, I have dedicated those to my permanent music system. The Lascala's fill the room with so much pleasure, I couldn't part with them after buying the other (3) Heresy II to complete my HT. If I had the room (and more money) (5) Lascala's around the room would be an awesome HT!!!

Folks, I just wanted to share my experience in testing out set-ups for my new HT. It was fun and aggravating at the same time, but it was well worth the experience. Once again, I truly appreciate the feedback listed in this post and would like to thank my Authorized Klipsch Dealer for their support. I am very happy with my decision and plan to get the most out of both systems now.

• 19 years later...