Klipsch THX 7.2

beatbrother

Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Klipsch THX 7.2 system. [:D]
It's now still in boxes for more then a month, but the construction of our
dedicated HT room hasn't been finished yet.
It's hard having those speakers in boxes at home and not able to listen to it.
But I hope to have the room finished in about 3-4 weeks. Looking forward to it.

Just one question :
I have the KL-525 to put them to the wall in the back, but what kind of wall mount
are you using for them ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this out of the manual...

To accommodate this, the KL-650-THX and KL-525-

THX are both configured for use with OmniMount® 60.0 Series wall-and ceiling-mount brackets

(See Figure 3).

Amazon.com is usually a good place to get those wall mounts or post a wanted ad in the garage sale thread. What I usually like doing though is just using a screw and anchor kit from any hardware store. I am not really sure where to find pins that would fit that speaker well. I just had to be careful when placing the speaker so the screw didn't scratch the back of the speaker.

Just wanted to say though, I bet that setup is going to sound ridiculously good. I also heard those subwoofers are amazing! Welcome to the forum, and I am sure a lot of people around here would love to hear a review on what you think of these speakers. Also, pictures are very much enjoyed, especially when we get to see the whole process of building the room. Not a lot of people have those THX speakers, probably due to the poor WAF, but I have no doubt it will sound impressive.

Just another question.

I'm new on this forum, but I just posted my whole built.

It's about 14 pictures or something like that and when I hit post, I received

a message that the message needed to be checked by a moderator.

Why is that ? Because I put some pictures or links in it ?

We don't get many reviews on that system.

Any idea why you don't see that many reviews on it ? Not good ?

Of all the reviews that I have seen, everybody was really happy about it and they all like the system a lot.

I believe it's pretty rare because it is a pricey system and fits into a niche market. Also, imo, I don't thnk they look quite as nice as some of Klipsch's other products. On the other hand though, everyone that has heard it has been blown away. Scrappydue is a regular here and he demoed one in an audio shop and he was extremely impressed with how good it sounded, and his home system is no slouch either. If there is a lack of reviews on it, it is most definitely not because of poor sound quality.

I have Klipsch THX Ultra2 7.2 system also but I didn't install the back speakers (KL-525) since I don't have a space for it. I am using a screw to mount the surround speakers (KS-525) instead of using OmniMount® 60.0 since in my opinion looks better and more professional. You'll love the system, I used to have M&K S-150 system but Klipsch THX Ultra2 blow M&K out of the water. The difference was night & day. Here are the links to my system:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/42024.aspx?PageIndex=278

@Tmassey : Yes, the THX set is kinda pricey but aren't there a lot of people that are having the RF-7 ?
That's way more pricey right ? I do like the looks of the THX set and in my HT the only speakers that
will be visible are going to be the surrounds and the backs.
The fronts, center and subs will be covered away behind the screen wall.
At first I was about to buy the Focal Chorus speakers, but I read in most reviews that the THX set will give
a lot more cinema feeling, but the down side is that they are not that good for just music listening.
But I will let you know my experience once I have them setup and tested. [:D]
I have a strong feeling that I will be more happy that I went for the THX instead of the Focals.

@Tegal3 : Yes, my god. Those KL-525 are really big. I thought those were some small speakers for in the back,
but they are even bigger (in depth) then the KL-650. [:o]
I saw the pictures of your HT. Really nice ! Love it ! [H]
I don't understand why you didn't install those KL-525 because I see plenty of room behind your sofa ?
But the dimension of a picture can be misleading.

@youthman : That would be great if you send an e-mail to Amy. I've put a lot of pictures in 1 post. (maybe 15-20 I think).
It's my built from an empty room untill now. [:D]

The mains go for about the same, but matching the rest of the system can get pretty expensive unless you are going for the in-wall speakers. They should give a lot more performance though. I do see a pair of used KS-525s for 950$ on AVS which doesn't seem bad at all. I would love to hear that big cinema sound that they give.

Are you going to drive them with an external amp, or you have a specific receiver you like? I have no idea what people usually use to drive these. I think you made a good choice on going with Klipsch over the Focal Chorus. I'm pretty envious and excited to see these pics. If Amy doesn't come through, feel free to email the pics to me, and I can host and give you the links to put them up.

Are you going to drive them with an external amp, or you have a specific receiver you like? I have no idea what people usually use to drive these. I think you made a good choice on going with Klipsch over the Focal Chorus. I'm pretty envious and excited to see these pics. If Amy doesn't come through, feel free to email the pics to me, and I can host and give you the links to put them up.

Because I just built the house and moved in, I had to buy everything new for a dedicated HT room and haven't tested it yet, so I don't know how everything
will sound like. Everything is still boxed except for the seats.

The receiver that I bought is the Anthem MRX-700 (I've heard that it should be good)
The bluray player is the Oppo BD-93
The projector is the Sony HW 95ES
2 LFE Buttkickers and seperate Buttkicker amp
8 Theater seats

I'll just wait and see if Amy gets back with my post. If not, I can try to post them in seperate posts, but it would be nicer and easier to have them all in one post. Thanks for the help to host them, but I have them on my own hosting server, so that is no problem.
Or if you are that excited to see the pics, then we can try to hold that excitement by just putting a picture a day online. [:P] hehe

Here is the start picture :

Posted Image

That will no doubt sound amazing! I am happy you have much more patience than myself as well. If it were me, I would have went out to buy a rug to throw on the floor, glue some bass absorbers to the wall, setup a table for the projector, and been watching movies and eating popcorn already. Once that happens, I'd never see it finished. Anthem and Oppo both make some tremendous products.

If you by chance live near mid-michigan and need some help moving stuff or anything, let me know. Stairs can be scary when you have an arm full of expensive electronics. I made the mistake of trying to carry an RF-83 down some stairs. It was very nearly a disaster for the speaker and my back.

Nevermind, looks like you have it all down there! Very cool. Those chairs look extremely inviting.

• 2 weeks later...