Klipsch THX 7.2

beatbrother

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you are following the THX guidelines, all speaker set to smal, xo 80 hz in the avr and turn the sub crossover all the way up or off and you will not have any audio whole. The avr should EQ the system around the xo and not the other way, ie changing to a different xo trying to shape the sound. If you avr is a THX receiver, set your speakers to THX when you run the autocalibration. I run my setup as a THX system to take advantage of the THX slopes for a cleanerr sound from my speakers

if you are following the THX guidelines, all speaker set to smal, xo 80 hz in the avr and turn the sub crossover all the way up or off and you will not have any audio whole. The avr should EQ the system around the xo and not the other way, ie changing to a different xo trying to shape the sound. If you avr is a THX receiver, set your speakers to THX when you run the autocalibration. I run my setup as a THX system to take advantage of the THX slopes for a cleanerr sound from my speakers

I have an Anthem MRX 700 receiver which is not a THX receiver.
So then it's better for me not to set it to THX.
Thanks for the explanation of the settings. [:D]

• 4 weeks later...

I am blown away, that looks great! It's already a nice sized room, but that star ceiling opens it up and really makes it look so much bigger than it really is. Also great job with the decor, that lighting is perfect. That is just too nice looking. I bet if you ever sell your home, that is going to be a huge selling point as well lol.

I am blown away, that looks great! It's already a nice sized room, but that star ceiling opens it up and really makes it look so much bigger than it really is. Also great job with the decor, that lighting is perfect. That is just too nice looking. I bet if you ever sell your home, that is going to be a huge selling point as well lol.

Thanks. [:D]
Yeah, I'm really happy with the result so far but I still need to put some carpet on the walls and some lights in the stairs
It could be a selling point yes, but I don't know if there are a lot of people who are willing to sacrifice a quite big space just for watching movies. [:P]
And I'm happy that my wife still supported me because she has a small storage room in the basement for her and I took up all the other rooms. hehe
Next to the HT I also have a photo studio and music studio.
Here are some pictures :

the hallway
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Moderators

Took a bit for me to pick my jaw up off the floor. [:D] You have a georgeous HT. Absolutely love the simplicity, the decor, the "expanse" overhead....very nice.

Love the Home Studio as well. Looks like you get to do 3 things that you love all from the comforts of your own home. That's fantastic.

Side note, how do you like your D700? It definitely takes fantastic pics. I'm more of a hobbyist and use the D90.

I bet if you ever sell your home, that is going to be a huge selling point as well lol.

The mortgage company would have to pry this from my cold dead fingers.

One of the BEST set ups I have yet to see!! Magazine cover / feature article quality!

Enjoy!

The mortgage company would have to pry this from my cold dead fingers.

Hahaha ... [:D]

Side note, how do you like your D700? It definitely takes fantastic pics. I'm more of a hobbyist and use the D90.

Cool ! I started out with a D90 and I have learnt photography with it. As a hobbyist a D90 is great, but it is a cropped sensor.
If you want to step up a bit you can go for a D700. A nice full frame camera and great quality. I love it. I have 2 of them now, but I will be upgrading shortly. I'm getting a D4. That's one hell of a camera. Really impressive quality even in low light.

• Moderators

As a hobbyist a D90 is great, but it is a cropped sensor.
If you want to step up a bit you can go for a D700.

Yeah, I don't use my camera professionally, just for family, church events etc. But who knows, I might be interested in your D700 when you get ready to upgrade. Keep my info. FWIW, I don't even know the difference between full frame and crop sensor. LOL Over the past 2 years, I have just begun to use Aperture and Shutter Speed Priority...not yet into full Manual. I picked up my first external flash SB700 just a few weeks ago. Have 18-70mm and 55-200mm kit lenses and the only fast glass I have is a 50mm 1.8.

Full frame is more of the picture on the photo if that makes sense. So youth crops have a 1.5 x factor so your 18-70 is actually like a 27-105mm range amd your 55-200 is more like a 70-300 on your camera. They would be actual stated mm range on his full frame. But yours and mine multiply by 1.5 on everything.

• 1 month later...