Doing Better

Deang

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know that my first PET Scan just came back clean. I'm cancer free, and hopefully I stay that way. I can't thank you all enough for the prayers and financial support -- you helped make the unbearable, bearable.

If you smoke, please stop. You do not want to go through this. The treatment plan is rigorous, and even though my last treatment was back in April, I still feel weak and tired most of the time. Along with the physical struggles, you also have to deal with the mental and emotional aspects. And of course family: Holding my 11 year old daughter in my arms while she cried herself to sleep after being told isn't something I want anyone to experience.

I quit as soon as I received my biopsy results. I didn't have any cravings, withdrawal, etc. I think the addiction is 9/10ths mental.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is wonderful news, and we all appreciate the cautions you provided. It puts a real human face on the impacts on loved ones of health problems.

Years ago, I was doing a lot of solvent-based screenprinting. When we had children, I stopped because I didn't want them exposed to a lot of petroleum distillate solvents. Probably saved my life as well.

Be well,

George

I used to smoke 2 and a half packs a day for 15 years. It has been almost 20 years and I have never touch another cigarette. There is nothing that will help you quit but your will. You should really come here more often to hassle me. Anyway, I am glad that everything is over for you.