HIP Speaker

kg4guy

Not to hijack but hey if were on the subject. I am looking at a deal to be made with another forum member, who offered a HIP for trade. He says it is black with metal trim, what drivers could this have. If I wanted it to be more like a Heresy 1, would it not be cost effective, or even not possible(which probably wouldn't if it is ported).

The ported Heresy's usually don't offer as good bass as the non I noticed this on the difference between the KP-201's I had and the Kp-250's however the KP-250's are one of the loudest smaller speakers I've had. The Heresy's I have are basically Heresy's they have E2 crossovers K-77 K-53 , I think the print is smeared . K-22's and K-701 horns. I ordered the Heresy III update kit for it I'll be posting photo's of the kit install when it arrives everything will fit except the new tweeter but it will be a fairly easy modification to make it fit.

The E2 was used in the Heresy I's a few years before going to the II's it has a 4mH inductor rather than a 2.5 mH inductor on the E and a added 33uf cap on the woofer . The only difference is the mid drivers the E had a K-55 and the E2 has a K-53 ,not positive about the number, but it's not a K-55.

Not to hijack but hey if were on the subject. I am looking at a deal to be made with another forum member, who offered a HIP for trade. He says it is black with metal trim, what drivers could this have. If I wanted it to be more like a Heresy 1, would it not be cost effective, or even not possible(which probably wouldn't if it is ported).

square metal trim Heresy's are HIP's and usally have HIE exovers in them. k-42 woofer, k-55 mids and k-77-m tweets. The HIE xover is closer to an AA xover than a type E xover. as a matter of fact...it's very close to a lascala type AL xover.

Wait a minute, didn't HIP stand for Heresy Industrial, Ported? Obviously the one in the picture is not ported. I seem to recall designations H, HI, HIP and HSM. I assume H was a standard Heresy and HI was standard components and network(?) with fused input panel. HIP was the hotter (101dB) version, but only good down to about 90Hz or so, EVM-12, different network, zeners and fuse. HSM was Heresy Slant Monitor, but I'm not sure if HSM had standard or hotter components. Somebody out there has peeked inside one, I'm sure! Set me straight!

Somebody out there has peeked inside one, I'm sure! Set me straight!

I have seen them in all flavors....Typically they have silver frame k-22's with round magnets.

post-22082-13819741086402_thumb.png

post-22082-13819771725728_thumb.png

post-22082-13819798956578_thumb.png