Tweeter the company

Matt0013

I don't know if they are all over or just in my area buy has anyone heard of Tweeter (once called Brynn Mar I believe)? Will they let me bring some RF-3s or some RB-3s home to test out? If so, how long do i get to use them? How much can I bring home at once?

There is a Tweeters here in my area, and they are the only dealer in this area that sells Klispch. They let me take all kinds of stuff home and try out (including a complete Reference 3II package). For example, I went through 3 subwoofers before deciding on the REL, I must have went through 5 different sets of surrounds before settling on the RS-7/RC-7 combo I now have. I also ended up taking back the RF-3II and RC-3II fronts to get the RF-7 and RC-7. One RC-7 was severly damaged during shipping and they took it back and replaced it, no questions asked (they in turn told me that Klipsch themselves took it back from them with no problems). I figured I'd do something about the RC-7 I accidently dented, but it is such a minor issue (and such a small dent) that I decided it was not worth the hassle.

Their papaerwork will say 30 days, but if you have a store with decent customer service (which, thankfully was the case here) they are pretty liberal with how long you can keep stuff to try out, but generally, I would not keep anything more than 30 days or so otherwise, they may fuss.

However, when you do take things home, they will ask for a credit card or something like that because technically you are "purchasing" the item to try it (how do they really know that you'll just take the thing and run - I would not be surprised if it has happened). If you decide you don't want it and want to try something else, they should have no problems taking it back, as long as you don't go abusing and breaking things. Again, this is from personal experience. I think I tried just about everything from Synergy up through the current Reference 7 setup before I decided on the Reference 7 (at significant higher cost than the Reference 3IIs I orginially thought I was going to settle on Smile.gif ).

When that last RC-7 came in, the salesman I was dealing with the whole time actually sounded sad that I would not be in anymore to see him anytime soon. He told me to "not be a stranger" and stop in and at least see him from time to time (not necessarily to buy something) Smile.gif. Once I get everything dialed in, I'll stop by there and let them know how I like my new setup.

Some folks on here don't find Tweeters to be that great of a dealer, but that is the only one I have in this area (unless I drive some 50 miles up north into the DC area) and my experience with them has actually been a very positive one. Of course, getting info and help on this forum sure helped quite a bit also Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Well, I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER had a problem with any of the purchases from any of the Tweeters's I have been to. Excellent help and support and they will even recommend that you try brands that they don't even sell.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Oh yeah! In Reno, we don't have a sissy little tweeter, we have a Woofer.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Oh yeah! In Reno, we don't have a sissy little tweeter, we have a Woofer.

funny thing that is! i had a dream months ago that i went to an audio store called Woofer and they had a subwoofer that was 96 inches and it had like 1 foot of excursion. it was hanging from the ceiling like a banner, but was acutally working and putting out some awesome bass Smile.gif true story haha.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Sweet! I have dreams about Audi S4's and Subaru WRX STI's...

I had this dream, I was on a airplane, and there was a large bath tub in the bathroom...

Also, I had this dream, I was in some city, like Hong Kong, yeah, it was wierd all right.

Why hasen't anyone made a woofer bigger than 18", not a toy, but a real woofer.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

My friend has a Lexus RX-300. She put in three 15" subs in the back and got a CNC to make a giant LEXUS symbol for the 'grill'. It looked sweet. Oh yeah, it sounded pretty darn nice too Smile.gif The idea came from a copy of the Tweeter Magazine with a similar setup.

I have seen, in a picture, a 80inch sub... it was real, but probably not a real good one haha.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Tweeter carries a nice line of products. The only negative thing I have about them is there price. For Klipsch speakers they sell them at full list price. I really don't understand how they stay in business in the Chicagoland area. There is a dealer 5 miles from them that is an authorized Klipsch dealer that has much lower prices than them. I guess people don't take the time to price shop anymore. Maybe that is why the majority of our population is in debt. LOL

Ken---EV made a 30" woofer, the EV-30W, it was used in the later Patricians, in DIY rigs and in pro-sound. Not made anymore but they comeup on Ebay once in awhile, expensive. Hartley made a nice 24" woofer and I think currently that Beyma, a Spanish prosound outfit that makes nice stuff, makes a 24 and I think Fostex makes a 32.

Here in ORD land, Tweeter took over United Audio. I don't know if it is a rename of the same corporation. They may well have just eaten up a bunch of dealers and taken on a new name.

UA did well by me in a headphone purchase years ago when I thought something was wrong and wanted an exchange. I've had similar good experiences with the Sony Showroom on Michigan Avenue. So I stick with these two.

Recently I've been aiming at an HDTV purchase. They've been informative and not pushy. So most likely I'll give Tweeter the purchase when I pull the trigger.

This is somewhat in contrast to some other dealers I almost did business with years ago. I was, granted young, but very well dressed. The Mac dealer found me alone in a demo room and insisted I find a salesman. At a Klipsch dealer one fellow was helpful; another salesman walking through acted contempuously of the DG Beethoven I was listening to.

This is somewhat a peave of mine. When a purchaser is getting ready to pull the trigger on a big purchase, it is bad practice to annoy them.

I think Tweeter is okay. They may demand full price. On the other hand, there is something to be said for romancing the customer and standing behind the product in the long run. Maybe that is why Klipsch, wisely, uses them.

I know rock bottom price seems everything to some people these days. A professor of mine in law school would delight in telling the story of him, as a young guy, buying a new car from Big Three X. When a post sale problem came up, they screwed him, and would not fix it for a reasonable price.

He switched to Big Three Y for the next purchase. There was a post sale issue. They fixed it for free. All other car purchases went to that dealer. The simple gesture was something he never recovered from.

The late, lamented Mike Royko, told a similar tale in his newspaper column. I conclude the buyer gets something worthwhile from a dealer with integrity. Perhaps the manufacturer doesn't see this on the bottom line short term. In the long term, it might keep them in business in tough times.

Gil

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 06-06-2002 at 08:07 PM

Don't forget that clarion did make the thunderdome a few years ago - i don't recall if it was 32 or 36 " in diameter. I do know that baycity sound and vision in thunder bay, ontario has one in a huge ported enclosure. Once when the boss was out, they cranked it up. Across the street is another audio/video dealer. There were people coming over from across the street because they could hear it! True story! The main downfall - only 500 watts power handling, limited excursion and the response of a rock. But boy it was loud and low !

Selenium, a very good Brazilian (yes, Brazil) made a 21" woofer for a while, thats gone.

I guess 18" is just as big as people want to deal with...

------------------

Beyma makes a 21", with a 4.5" voice coil!!! That is the first VC I have seen that is over 4"'s!

Fostex does have a 31" woofer, yes, 31"!!! That is amazing! It looks pretty weak, though.

I would figure, if there was somthing better than a 18", JBL and EV would be making them.

DOUBLE POSTFrown.gif

------------------

I have a friend who has a friend with an S4..

What do you guys think of the BASE impreza? (not the $34,995 CDN WRX) I think it starts at the same price as civics, corolla's, ect..

---

There is also a drug dealer with a Lamborgini. This may be a small city I live in, but a couple of years ago we had more millionairs per person then anywhere else.

(I don't know the drug dealer in person)

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks