should i let go RF3s for these paradigms ????

quadklipsh

hi guys , recently iv purchased a

subwoofer and my interests in home

theatre have grown alot. But basically i

love to have good front end and am a

music guy . Iv been using RF3s for over

4years and time and again i have declined offers of changing or

swapping with other speakers that

were even more expensive .i guess i

have declined them for their lesser

sensitivity , and ease of drive, their

need for a bigger amp, and the imaging capabilities , which i think the

references do aplenty . Now i have this

paradigm to consider with great

reviews from the owner and from my

audio guru and guide, cousin. If i get

these : 1) will they satisfy me in imaging and detail... 2) in loudness

and oomph ,( without the sub ) 3)and

run with my vintage 30 to 50 watt

amps for stereo namely quad 303 and

marantz 2230. Should i buy em or just

stick to klipsches ?? I need ur opinion. Please try to be neutral in ur advice .

Thanks alot .

You want neutral on a Klipsch forum? Here's an idea for some real world test. Post this same question on a Paradigm forum. If all the Paradigm owners want to trade for your Klipsch, then you know you shouldn't do it--you already have the better speaker. But if no Paradigm owner wants your RF3s in trade, well then maybe . . . I hope you are not considering trading your RF3s for a pair of Paradigm bookshelf speakers. Good luck.

Forget the Paradigms and look for some vintage Klipsch (forte, Chorus, Cornwall). If you have some more bucks and lots of room look for Lascalas and Klipschorns.

May be a little hard(er) to find in Lahore, Pakistan! [^o)] But I agree! yes.gif

Always good to see you QK!

Dennie drinkingcheers.gif

If i get
these : 1) will they satisfy me in imaging and detail...

Maybe. The only to know for sure is to listen to them, preferably in your setup with your amp. Perhaps the owner will let you try them?

2) in loudness
and oomph ,( without the sub )

I hightly doubt it. The Klipsch are more sensitive and also tends to be a bit more forward in their presence. Paradigm are known to be a more laid-back speaker.

3)and
run with my vintage 30 to 50 watt
amps for stereo namely quad 303 and
marantz 2230. Should i buy em or just
stick to klipsches ?? I need ur opinion. Please try to be neutral in ur advice .
Thanks alot .

I am certain they will run with your vintage amp, but I have a feeling that the Klipsch will be a bit easier to drive and probably offer a bit more dynamics. I've listened to Paradigm speakers and they do indeed sound nice, but for my tastes, I found I much preferred the Klipsch.

With that being said, it is tough to give advice/thoughts on something like that due to the very subjective nature. The only real way of knowing if you really do like them is to try them. I've seen your trials and tribulations with other speakers, and somehow I think you may end up sticking with the Klipsch ever after the Paradigms.

You didn't mention which Paradigm model?

I really like my Paradigm Studio 40 speakers. They do some things better than my Forte II speakers and vice versa. I can tell you they won't be as efficient as the RF3s but you may be surprised with their mid and high freqcencies and how well they image. Still, no one here can say whether or not you will prefer one over the other.

Best advice any of us can give you is to try and setup a situation where you can hear the Paradigm speakers in your home before you commit to buying them. You really can't make an accurate judgement listening to them in his home. Room placement may need to be different than your RF3s to get them to
sound their best, so don't just plop them in the same place and make
your decision. Each speaker reacts differently to your unique
environment, so move them around a little.

those are paradigms 7se mk3

i have not seen them

and the friend had been using a sansui 907 i MOS LIMITED with those . He is also selling the amp.

I also wanna know if anyone knows about this amp.

And its sonic characteristics .

It is priced at Rs 29000 .

I wonder how it mates with klipsch speakers , though the amp itself is highly regarded ......