Khorns VS Belles?

mjjr1956

I was going to sell a pair of belles .Have 2 pair..one in storage...But have been thinking...Am using Belles for my rear Speakers..My Khorns for front...Main speakers.

If keepBelles, Then would have 4 Belles...Front and rear..

.sell the horns.? keep the Belles?

.My room is small, and the horns have things blocking one side...will the belles sound as good as the horns? or close enough? would work better in my set up..can go flat against the wall...Need opinion what you would do...sell Horns , keep the Belles? or sell the Belles, keep the Horns?

I was more sad when I sold my Belles than when I sold my Khorns. Khorns of course go down lower for better bass. But I like the height of the Belles and ability to move them around for better imaging.... If I had all those speakers I wouldn't know what to do either LOL.... Sorry I'm no help but it is a good dilema to have....

don't know who big your room is......in one of my listening rooms the size is only 16 X 14 with 8ft ceilings. Tried regular khorns and 60th edition khorns and they were not a good match. Tried Belle's which I still have and they were a better match. Tried cornwalls which I also still have and they were the best match yet. Tried Hersey's and the mid and upper was very good....the bottom end was short. So it depends on your room size....the khorns work the best in very large rooms.

don't know who big your room is......in one of my listening rooms the size is only 16 X 14 with 8ft ceilings. Tried regular khorns and 60th edition khorns and they were not a good match. Tried Belle's which I still have and they were a better match. Tried cornwalls which I also still have and they were the best match yet. Tried Hersey's and the mid and upper was very good....the bottom end was short. So it depends on your room size....the khorns work the best in very large rooms.

It sounds like you prefer the Belles. They are great. One of my faves.

I don't pay as much attention to room size. The way I look at it if the room is the compromise why compromise the speakers. Bigger speakers with lower distorrion and wider freq response is better a majority of the time. I've heard Khorns in very small rooms and still prefered them to smaller speakers in smaller rooms. Just my opinion ymmv.

If you are just,going to have a quad setup, why not keep one pair of each, especially since the K-horns have lower base . . . So, four Belles that look alike . . . Or one pair of Belles and one pair of K-horns . . . I love looking a both my K-horns and my Belles . . . Love the variety of the two Heritage profiles in the same room, especially since they are matched . . . But is is your room. :-). Nice hard decision to have to make! Let us know how it turns out!

This sounds about right, pretty much what I would expect.

Just for the record, I've watched people listen to what they thought were Klipschorns in a dealer showroom, Heresy's were sitting on top of the Khorns. When the sale guy got done the customer exclaimed "WOW, that was incredible! But I can't afford those!" You should have seen the look on his face when he found out he was listening to the Heresy.

Just for the record, I've watched people listen to what they thought were Klipschorns in a dealer showroom, Heresy's were sitting on top of the Khorns

That is EXACTLY what my dealer did to me in 1979 except the Heresy's were sitting on top of the LaScalas (heading to college, I couldn't afford Khorns and specifically pointed at the LaScalas to listen to)

I had turned to him with a bit of puzzlement... how could a speaker SO big, not POUND me with bass? Salesman face was bright red from laughing (at) me once I realized I'd been duped!!

It was a good thing. Netted him a sale (LaScalas) and I'm sure they did that more times than not.

This sounds about right, pretty much what I would expect.

Just for the record, I've watched people listen to what they thought were Klipschorns in a dealer showroom, Heresy's were sitting on top of the Khorns. When the sale guy got done the customer exclaimed "WOW, that was incredible! But I can't afford those!" You should have seen the look on his face when he found out he was listening to the Heresy.

we should do that stunt with a pair of bose 901's in the top section behind the grill cloth of some khorns .

It's a recurring theme for sure. People that have Belles love them and I'm in that group. I've heard and seen so many different great speakers, but the Belles remain my favorite. Not only do they sound great, but they are the best looking speaker Paul ever came up with!

It's a recurring theme for sure. People that have Belles love them and I'm in that group. I've heard and seen so many different great speakers, but the Belles remain my favorite. Not only do they sound great, but they are the best looking speaker Paul ever came up with!

+1 on the beauty of Belles. Hey, Sargent . . . Love your Avatar, but didn't you have an 03 SERK before? Did I remember that wrong?

No, I had a 1600cc Yamaha before this one. This bike is a 04 HD Road Glide. Really have enjoyed this machine. Rode down to Destin Florida last week, about 1000 miles during the week. The frame mounted fairing really makes a difference.

Another thing about the Belles vs K-horns. The Belles can work in almost any room. I have a 2400 s.f. house and honestly don't have a room that's right for K-horns.