Bob Costas.......... Eeeeeeew!

oscarsear

Not a Bob Costas fan. In fact I dread the Olympics cuz I know he'll be host at 'Olympic-Central' headquarters. The died hair. The pasty, hummus colored complexion. The beady eyes. The canned researched monologues, the cheesy interviews, faked enthusiasm and that eternal faux-collegiate aura. There is no greater waste of venue. And so just for grins I looked up his age. Irony of ironies - he and I are but 24 hours different in longevity. He was hatched one day sooner than was myself. EeeeeYUCK! But it confirms my suspicions. I am held together largely by frayed sisal twine and used twist-ties so I know Costas is propped up in his chair and run by remote control or entirely photoshopped, by an amateur. As I have lamented on many occasion they ought to rebury the man and (this time) allow him to rest for all eternity. But alas it will not occur. We still see Keith Richards and his horribly crevassed face so no doubt there will be more Olympics with more moth eaten Costas. More interviews. Ugh!

I don'tcare for him either. He should stick to baseball. Every thing he says is so very important. It really pi**ed me off when he spoke throughout the opening ceremony. I wanted to hear what was coming out over the PA, but NNNNOOOOO, what he had to say was more important.

jerol

Yes well... he is. And so was Walter Cronkite, most trusted man in america my butt. They all lie, cheat and say whatever is necessary for the sponsor. Our constitution does not say we have a right to an unbiased press. Only that we have a right to a free and un-censored press. As a child I never thought Cronkite was trustworthy, just as today's spokespeople are not trustworthy. I just wish the events would be shown as is, and not edited for entertainment value. It is possible and relatively easy to stream the live events but it takes a slight amount of effort. As for the opening ceremonies, worldwide the commenters talked over the sound, I don't think anyone except the actual people in the stands heard what was really going on....which was good because they never had a chance to see anything due to the ridiculous scale of the goings on.