Minature Klipschorn , La Scala , or Jubilee

cobramatteo

If you absorb the backwave (pseudo infinite baffle) then container size is less relevant.

RUSS69,

For sure if you have an EQ'd to the hilt 1000+ watts to play with to make up for efficiency and roll off in that size box...[:P]

That's why I have both efficient speakers and 1000+ watts in 4 ohms. I don't worry about eq unless the digital signal gets overloaded.

so I'm guessing 8"X8"X12" and a 4 or 5 inch woofer.

Yep... and a 5" woofer. (with no room to spare). In fact I have to router out a little extra material just to get it in there. It seems that most 5" woofers a slightly larger than 5".

Tony, is that the wide cuts on the motor board side in the dog house shot on page 2? I've been deciding on what speakers to get for my Qinpu for my desktop rig, if 8 tubes watts would drive a pair I'd love a set as well[;)] I've been looking at some of the small Klipsch shelf speakers and just trying to decide[*-)]

so I'm guessing 8"X8"X12" and a 4 or 5 inch woofer.

Yep... and a 5" woofer. (with no room to spare). In fact I have to router out a little extra material just to get it in there. It seems that most 5" woofers a slightly larger than 5".

Tony, is that the wide cuts on the motor board side in the dog house shot on page 2? I've been deciding on what speakers to get for my Qinpu for my desktop rig, if 8 tubes watts would drive a pair I'd love a set as wellWink I've been looking at some of the small Klipsch shelf speakers and just trying to decideConfused

Yes. A couple more pics to follow.

Not much of a fine tuned builder but I do have a lil table saw and some glue.

So far so good, lil bugger puts out some tight bass(don't have corners so I added backs) for bein so mini.

16" H 9" W 7 1/4" D

I'll post them when complete and more presentable.

RIGGED

5Na5Gb5Ma3E93Kf3Hcc8n0e71c7ae17061f87.jp

Thanks D. I used the guts from a lil JBL 2500(I know, I should have used a horn, perhaps next time) I purchased for only 15 bucks, the wood used was from a prior project- a bar...:)

Since this is my first crack at speaker building, I wanted to spend as little as possible, I'm up to 20 bucks now.

It was interesting to hear them sans the backs and boy what a difference the backs make!

The CW never looked so big. lol

Tony-great work dude.

5G55Q25J73Id3Mf3H1c8p0d60a80f508c1fdc.jp

RIGGED