KG 4 - Need to replace butyl surrounds

guts

I have a couple K-8-K, 8" woofers from a KG 4 speaker that need new surrounds. I've been looking for a DIY surround, but I'm only finding "foam" and not rubber surrounds at palces like Parts Express, Simply Speakers, and Speaker Exchange.

Any idea where I can get actual replacement (rubber) surrounds? Can the surrounds be replaced with foam instead?

Thanks!

That's what I thought based on the searching I've done so far on the Klipsch website and authorized dealer sites. Any suggestions? I don't particularly want to replace the drivers, other than the cracked surrounds they seem perfectly fine. The rubber on one of the speakers is pretty extensively damaged, so I don't think it could be repaired with glue.

Thanks for the links, I've contacted both these suppliers, and neither have the correct size. Apparently these K-8-K speakers have a non-standard size. Unfortunately, it's the inside diameter of the surround that's the problem. Most of the rubber surrounds I'm finding are 5.5" ID which is the same as the OD of the cone. Here are the vendors I've tried (I'm waiting for a support request email response from a few of these.

reconingspeakers.com
ebay.com
www.parts-express.co
www.midwestspeaker.com
www.speakerrepairshop.nl
www.speakerworks.com
www.simplyspeakers.com
www.speakerrepair.com
www.newfoam.com

• 8 years later...

I just measured my kg-4 woofer cone diameter at 6" & roll ends at 6-7/8".

That 1st kit currently (now 2020) lists roll starts/cone O.D.as 6.050" & roll ends at 7.205"

My edge roll width is 7/16" where as the kit's edge roll is slightly over 9/16".

Other than the roll end being about 1/8" big on each side it could work IF it clears the basket edge or another possibility is installing the roll curved out instead of in (as original)