And Then I Said...

So, to get back into a lighter note, since this is the general questions forum, how are YOU going to enjoy your Klipsch speakers this weekend? Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I have a neighbor that is completely over the top when it comes to mowing his lawn! He does it every other day. The constant noise durring my "relaxing time" is becoming un-nearving. Wait!! A blade of grass over there just committed cell-division! Cut them all to give the others a lesson!! You can imagine my point.

I'm just on the edge of calling not the police but the EPA fro both noise and air pollution.

Fortunately the speakers are on teh same side of the house as he. Here's what I propose. I'l wait till father's day and I'll either play some very annoying music (I have a disk from Nepal my brother-in-law gave me a while back) durring his Father's day get together when his kids and grandkids come over for a cookout. OR fire up the Stihl chainsaw and cut what's left of the firewood that I haven't done yet that is piled ten feet from the grandkids' tree swing.

At last resort, and only as a nice thought, I could send a 22-250 Remington 55gr. slug careening 3,680 fps through the block of his mower! LOL

Or I could be real civilized and suggest he get one of the old-time non-motorized push mowers with the helical blades. That is if he's really doing it for the exercise.

Any other ideas??

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

tblasing, I would either play some really annoying music while he is trying to relax or fire up the chainsaw. The music might get you in trouble, but using the chainsaw should be okay as long as you don't fire it up at night! By the way, if he cuts his lawn that much, is there any lawn left to cut ?

Bob G,

Those wouldn't be "Engineer Jim's" old MCM 1900's would they? Smile.gif

Either way, listening to anything through MCM's is gonna be a treat to the ears!!! Been there, done that!!

Tom,

A .454 Casull loaded hot with hardened bronze solid roundnose would definitely do the job to that mower...and he would even hear the decibels above that mower "muffler"!!! Providing your wrist could withstand the friggen RECOIL!!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-06-2002 at 04:05 PM

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

Wait!! A blade of grass over there just committed cell-division! Cut them all to give the others a lesson!! You can imagine my point.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Going to feed them a few CD's, followed by a heaping helping of vinyl.

HDBRbuilder...does he plan to take out a lawn mower or D45 Cat? Judge asks: why did you shoot that mower behind his back. Reply: sir his back was to me at the time!cwm35.gif

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 06-06-2002 at 04:59 PM

I got it!! Fill the mower's gas tank with nitro-methane!

BOOM!!s>

HDBRbuilder-

Yea, a .50 Action Express or anything from SKS Hand Cannons does sound tasty. But I'm a svelt guy at 5'8" and 145lbs. But I'm hell when it comes to smallbores rifle. Dabbeled a little in IPSC Class C Unlimited about ten years ago. Got too expensive. (Yea right! Look what I'm doin' now!!)

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 06-06-2002 at 05:26 PM

Tom-

Have you considered renting your neighbor out? If its a rider mower maybe he just likes straddling that throbbing machinery?

Infecting his lawn with dandelions? i have a rather prolific groundcover that turns this ugly shade of purple. He'll be using herbicide instead of fertilizer-I garauntee!.

Get one of those three-wheeler things, one of neighbors kids has one of these (and they don't live close) and the thing drives me bat-sh*t on the weekends.

Also, I have an Offspring CD that has a segment of particularly offensive language. (BTW, I forgot about it and had on the player blasting while I was gardening one day...oops).

Lastly, give up the ghost and get wireless headphones.

Cluless-

I did have that thought at first. But, a couple of years ago we were upgrading our electrical service (from 60amps w/fuses to 200amp breakers for 1,100 sq. ft.) when Sheila, me girlfriend, asked if we gould borrow one of their outlets for a flood light to see in the basement. He left us a message back that with their new air-conditioner he didn't think his house could take that much of a drain. This was in FEBRUARY! So not only is he not, well, neighborly, but he thinks I'm stupid as well.

There is a silver lining to all this. His back yard (the biggest part) has just terrible draining. It needs to be torn up and have tiles put in under the lawn. He'll go nut's.

Did I mention the service that comes to his house twice a week in addition to his labors. And the house is about 2/3rds the size on mine. "Gee, think he's trying to make up for something?" -The movie "Shreck"

BTW- Are you anywhere near Caldwell, NJ? My sister lives up that way.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 06-06-2002 at 05:36 PM

By Texas standards, yes we're practically neighbors. By less-spatial standards-No. I'm in South Jersey not too far (but far enough) from Atlantic City. Roughly 200 miles south, and a small fortune in tolls, down the garden state pkwy from your sister.

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

I have a neighbor that is completely over the top when it comes to mowing his lawn! He does it every other day. The constant noise durring my "relaxing time" is becoming un-nearving. Wait!! A blade of grass over there just committed cell-division! Cut them all to give the others a lesson!! You can imagine my point.

I'm just on the edge of calling not the police but the EPA fro both noise and air pollution.

Fortunately the speakers are on teh same side of the house as he. Here's what I propose. I'l wait till father's day and I'll either play some very annoying music (I have a disk from Nepal my brother-in-law gave me a while back) durring his Father's day get together when his kids and grandkids come over for a cookout. OR fire up the Stihl chainsaw and cut what's left of the firewood that I haven't done yet that is piled ten feet from the grandkids' tree swing.

At last resort, and only as a nice thought, I could send a 22-250 Remington 55gr. slug careening 3,680 fps through the block of his mower! LOL

Or I could be real civilized and suggest he get one of the old-time non-motorized push mowers with the helical blades. That is if he's really doing it for the exercise.

Any other ideas??

tblasing:There are more folks out there like that than you might think. In my "old" neighborhood, it appeared that the entire block would cut their grass DAILY because the noise level was so profound. We knew the lawns and gardens were well manicured because we could see the effect of all this "activity" as we passed by on our way to and from our home. We had just assumed everyone was doing their part. Turns out through a bit of not so skillful observation that one neighbor in particular would cut his grass EACH AND EVERY TIME another neighbor would fire up their mower. Even if the sound from the other mower was in distant earshot on the next street, he would repeat the process. TWO...sometimes THREE times a day this individual would walk his entire property pushing the back end of his Honda. He would cut it, not one, but in two directions...90 degrees from the last. His name was Rick, but we, for good reason, called him Pavlov.cwm1.gif

My sister has a neighbor who is up at 6 AM sharp every morning with some sort of power tool - weeder/edger, mower, leaf blower, you name a machine for yard work, he's got one - and it could be in use anytime said neighbor is awake.

She suggested that I bring my subwoofers over for a few daysSmile.gif

Tom, I'm still cracking up about your neighbor!

I have a wierd one too!

We have a serious cat problem here. My neighbors think that feeding all stray cats in the state is a good idea. I don't know how many go over there to eat, but I DO know how many come over to my house to CRAP in my front flower beds! It's a LOT! I have a little Brittany spaniel in the back and she doesn't hold a candle to the amount of waste I pick up in the front. I told the Man of the house that HE should come on over, drop his britches and leave a healthy load on my yard...whats the difference. He just looked at me like I was an alien. Anyway...think I'll CRANK these here Chorus's all weekend long. Any complaints... I'll just say it's cat repellant.

~Do you think that maybe I should feed the damn cats...maybe they will poop all over his yard instead!~

Oh well...........................................

Talk about annoying neighbors! Fortunatly, not due to excessive mowing (if anything these people hardly mow their lawn ever - geeez, if that grass got any higher, they'd need to get a hay combine to mow that yard!)

The neighbor across the street seems to like to wash his car just about every other day, despite the water restrictions that have been in effect due to the drought here. The car washing is one thing. I usually do not mind it, but since there was a water restriction against it - the cops have been called a few times). However, while washing his car, he seems to like to crank up and blast that god aweful Marachi(sp) music at a pretty high level! You know, that Tiajuana stuff! He has one of those "systems" in his car with the loud boomy bass and all. He is out there acting all badass and such washing his car and cranking up his "music". It is one thing if the dude wants to listen to music while washing his car, but does he have to blast it so f'ing loud (and the same friggan songs over and over)?!?!?

Well, I was in my house trying to watch a movie one afternoon and this dude was out there blasting that crap while washing his car. Well, I decided to fight fire with fire, so out went the movie and in went one of my Stratovarious CD's. Stratovarious is a pretty hard core power/prog metal band (totally awesome if you are into that kind of stuff). I cranked my amp up to something ohh, like +10db. I pressed play on the CD player and immediatly bolted for the door! To put things in perspective, I am willing to bet this sound system I have cost more than that dude's entire car!

Lets see, Klipsch Reference speakers and a Denon AVR3802 at +10DB playing power/progressive metal? Lets just say the sound coming from my house was literally drowning out his music cwm37.gif. That REL sub may not be able to rattle windows three houses away, but it sure will rattle the windows of the house across the street! My next door neighbor as well as the one diagonally across the street (this dude's next door neighbor, who both was working in thier yard), thought it was funny as hell! Interestingly, I have not heard that dude across the street lately playing his music that loud anymore Smile.gif.

What else was cool was the sound quality was actually pretty darn impressive while listening to it from across the street! Smile.gif

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

i can not wait to do that. in my neighborhood there is this kid who drives some BMW suv. he has some serious sound system in it that he likes to play at the most inappropriate times, not to mention the frat like parties he has on the weekends. he lives kitty corner to me. Once we get our home theater in, bye bye Mr. BMW... Gonna hit him with some SuperSonic Bullet via Klipsch and SVS Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>