Does the Marantz SR7001 support 3D material from a 3D blu ray player?

D-Rex

I am trying to play my 3D Blu Rays through my Marantz SR7001. I got the 3D video to work but I couldn't get the volume to work. It made me wonder if I was having a problem with either the HDMI cables or if I was having a problem with running the HDMI cables through my Marantz. I went ahead and connected my 3D Player directly to the TV and used the TV volume and it worked fine so I don't see how it could be my HDMI cables. Will the receiver simply not transfer the 3D picture and sound or am I missing a simple solution? Thanks!

That is just great... I have this wonderful Marantz SR7001 and now I find out it is not combatible with my 3D television. I didn't necessarily buy the TV for 3d, since I am just now finding this out 6 months later, but it would be nice to actually have that capability when I want it. I guess I thought if the HDMI cables could transfer the 3D content that the receiver would as well. What a bummer...

Thanks everyone!

What you could do is look for a bluray player with dual HDMI out. It ouputs video to the TV and audio to the AVR, so you can still utilize the 3D TV and your stereo for 3D content, and it'd be cheaper than a new AVR.

The Panasonic BDP310 has dual HDMI for that purpose, seeing 3d on a 3D tv when yu own a non-3d receiver. Used it on my old Pioneer for 3D until I got the Denon 4311. It would work for you and you would not have to sell the Marantz.

Anyone have a Marantz SR5006? Seems to be a recent 3D receiver from Marantz... I am pleased enough with the Marantz that I would be leaning towards another but if someone has another receiver in the $800 range that I should consider then let me know!

That appears to be a heavy duty machine. Can you tell me more about Audyssey XT32?

Anyone have any other suggestions? I have previously owned a Denon before the Marantz but have always been curious about the Yamaha and Pioneers? What's your favorites for the RF series speakers?

I've only had an Onkyo 706 and now a Denon 4311. I was sold on the 818 until some people talked me into looking into the 4311. It's a bit more spendy than the 818, but also has more features. I would not hesitate to purchase the 818 tho and pretty much the only reason I didn't is because it lacks subEQ which is capable of EQing dual subs. XT32 is Audyssey's most advanced room correction and does a whole lot more measurements/calculations than the next step down which you find in most mid range AVRs. I can't much comment on the others as I've never heard them, but I'm sure there are lovers of both on this forum...I think derrickdj1 is a big fan of Pioneer.

Heck, the 818 probably has more features than I would ever use or need (of course, I have said that before and here I am back in th emarket!) :) I will give it serious consideration, although I would like to hear some more opinions on the Onkyo. I know I received some good feedback/advice when I was replacing my Denon with the Marantz!

I have read most of the AVS Forum and have ordered the Onkyo 818... it sounds like a fantastic receiver that will do more than I will need a receiver to do for a long time! I bought my Denon 3802 based upon advice here and it performed well for 5 years. Then I traded it for a Marantz 7001 based upon advice here and it performed extremely well for 2 years. I expect similar results with this Onkyo.