Internet Radio

seti

I've tried Pandora and Last FM. They will not let me set up a playlist or station with one band or even just to play what I want to hear. Sometimes I do not mind the random bands they think I will like but they also want let you skip more than 6 times. Are there any internet radio stations that will let me do what I want and not what they want???????

I wish there was one myself.

I think that the issue here is the "rules/laws/agreements" that have been made with publishers limit the number of consecutive plays that can be made of one band.

It is frustrating for sure....

I'm a big fan of Spotify, which has an incredible library IMO, especially for obscure atrists/tracks. The drawback is that you need a Facebook account to sign up. I'm not on FB, but created a fake profile to access the music. Check it out.

I second this suggestion, I've tried most other internet streaming services and this is my favorite. I rarely listen to my personal itunes library anymore. I tried the free version and decided to upgrade to the premium version, love how you can download a playlist and listen to it in offline mode. Oh and the quality of the music seems to be very good not sure what the bit rate is.

When Spotify hit the U.S. I installed it to see what all the fuss was about overseas. Install went fine, started some music playing, then the first commercial came on. I hit the "Mute" button on MY KEYBOARD and the commercial was silenced. A minute or so later I hit the "Mute" button again and it was still a commercial. "Mute" again. After the third attempt at this, I realized IT WAS THE SAME COMMERCIAL. Their software knows you're not listening and PAUSES the bloody commercials! Ugh uh... NO WAY. In total, it was installed on my machine for less than 10 minutes. I don't do commercials and I don't pay for iNet radio - too many free options where I may have less features, but I get nothing but music. Last.fm for me.