MOG is the best thing I've come Across for a Music Source of any kind!...........

Cut-Throat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOG said to install Adobe flash player 10.3 but the Adobe website will not let me install Adobe flash player 10.3. after I uninstalled 11.3.

It says 10.3 is not the most current version when I try to download 10.3 and tells me to go to player download center and install 11.4.

Any ideas?

This is where I got it: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

( Scroll down to the archived versions )

MOG said to install Adobe flash player 10.3 but the Adobe website will not let me install Adobe flash player 10.3. after I uninstalled 11.3.

It says 10.3 is not the most current version when I try to download 10.3 and tells me to go to player download center and install 11.4.

Any ideas?

I already had 11.4 flash, and MOG installed fine on my machine.

I'm not into it as much as some of you guys, BUT using my computer, Marantz quad and IMF/B&O speakers it sounds good to me. Logged on through Facebook. So easy it only took me about 2 minutes!..............................Taz [:D]

what bitrate does Pandora stream at? i notice in the settings you can select "higher audio quality" but I cant seem to tell much of a difference. I cant imagine it being at 64kbps...it sounds much more like 128 or more.

but MOG at up to 320 kbps is amazing

Not sure on Pandora but I do listen to it a lot along with MOG. I think Pandora does a better job of creating a radio station based on an artist. MOG will create an artist station but it is all that artist instead of being other similar things that I might like. I've discovered and rediscovered lots of great music on Pandora. Which I then download on MOG.

MOG has an amazing amount of small and up and coming still somewhat obscure groups. It's nice to see the lineups coming to my local venues and be able to check out their albums on MOG to see if I want to attend a show. I would not buy 10 cd's a month to check them out so I would miss out on some great shows.

I just spent some time over on the MOG site. If I read it correctly, I could download MOG onto my web capable Sony PS3. Is that right? The details on the site are a little sketchy. I could then use the audio out from the PS3 to my 2 channel rig to listen to this, which is how I listen to dvds on this set up. Would this work? Thanks.

Sounded like a good idea, looked good, sounded good.Then after a very short while they hit me up for $10 a month, or hassle my friends to try it for more time?..I was out of music?

I decided to just go to Wolfgangs Vault and pay up $30 a year with $24 worth of free downloads at 320 kbps included in their no more than $5 concert downloads.So for $6 a year all the music that's impossible almost to find, streamed to pc/phone/tab etc....That's my kinda deal. I like the mog music , for $30 a year with $24 worth of downloads included I would sign right up, maybe even pay $50???

I should add I have about 1200 cd's, most of the music widely available that I would listen too anyway.That made mog less valuable to me and the Vault more so.

Sounded like a good idea, looked good, sounded good.Then after a very short while they hit me up for $10 a month, or hassle my friends to try it for more time?..I was out of music?

My MOG is only $5 a month. Are you using it on a mobile device?... It's free on a home computer.

So, for $60 a year, I get unlimited music. Before this I was spending about $300 a year for music.

I actually used it on my home pc, after a few hours it said sorry, your out of music unless you submit emails or pay.I did have a 4.99 or 9.99 option.The 4.99 is certainly not a bad deal for those with limited libraries and only wanting home pc.I was thinking if you have a service it should go with you, like netflix or Wolfgangs Vault.I still think it's great for the right segment or certain needs, just a little pricey at $10, a good deal would be $5, take anywhere.

Or, I'm too tight .....[^o)]

I actually used it on my home pc, after a few hours it said sorry, your out of music unless you submit emails or pay.I did have a 4.99 or 9.99 option.The 4.99 is certainly not a bad deal for those with limited libraries and only wanting home pc.I was thinking if you have a service it should go with you, like netflix or Wolfgangs Vault.I still think it's great for the right segment or certain needs, just a little pricey at $10, a good deal would be $5, take anywhere.

Or, I'm too tight .....Hmm

I use it with my Squeezebox Touch feeding my Khorns with a SET amp. I have a 4,000 CD library that I never visit any more. MOG has over 1 Million Albums. For $60 a year, I get all the music I could ever want. This is a heck of a deal to me.I can take my Squeezebox with me when I leave for the winter and still have access to their music as long as I have an internet conneciton.

Fish that is my problem with MOG, after an hour I am low on music and need to share with friends, explore or make a playlist. It does stream nice when I run an HDMI to the TV. I had it with my Samsung BD, but it is nolonger available. Streaming via HDMI is a problem because I sit around 14 ft. from the avr/ TV.

Or, I'm too tight .....Hmm

I use it with my Squeezebox Touch feeding my Khorns with a SET amp. I have a 4,000 CD library that I never visit any more. MOG has over 1 Million Albums. For $60 a year, I get all the music I could ever want. This is a heck of a deal to me.I can take my Squeezebox with me when I leave for the winter and still have access to their music as long as I have an internet conneciton.

4,000 cd's is certainly impressive, quite a collection.When I work or tool around the garage mp3 is great, but for critical listening I still need the physical disc, maybe just me.I do agree with you that it is a great resource for those inclined, as I said, I'm prolly just too tight/poor.My friends have $150 phone bills, mine is $30, they have $100 cable bills, mine is $33 with four HD boxes.No disagreement about it being a good source as you said.

4,000 cd's is certainly impressive, quite a collection.When I work or tool around the garage mp3 is great, but for critical listening I still need the physical disc, maybe just me.I do agree with you that it is a great resource for those inclined, as I said, I'm prolly just too tight/poor.My friends have $150 phone bills, mine is $30, they have $100 cable bills, mine is $33 with four HD boxes.No disagreement about it being a good source as you said.

If you think 4,000 CDs are impressive, how about MOGs 1 MIllion plus?

As far as thrift goes, I am much more thrifty than yourself. I have a pay as you go cell phone that I pay $10 a year for. I don't have a landline I use Voice over Internet with an Ooma Machine. Free long distance and I only pay taxes on the Ooma. About $5 a month. So my total Phone outlay is $6 month. I don't have a Cable Bill at all. I use an Attic Antenna and get about 15 Over the air Channels and my Picture Quality is better than Cable.

The MOG service will Literally Save me about $200-$400 per year on New Music.

I am not a complete cheap ***, as I drive a Lexus. I did retire at age 50 however.

I suspect another example of each preferring one thing over another -- for whatever reason. An each to his or her own thing. I also like the 'ceremony' of the physical disk, be it silver or black....as well as the sound, though I have heard ripped and replayed versions of CDs that sound better then the original. And I didn't retire at 50.

• Moderators

Fish that is my problem with MOG, after an hour I am low on music and need to share with friends, explore or make a playlist

That's what I thought, but I just kept playing and it just would pop up that message occasionally but never stopped. I was using a computer out through the headphone jack.

I think it's free to a computer but to use on other devices it's cost $4.99 per month, more if you want it mobile.