From 5.1 to 7.1; Well worth it.

liebherr954

I had some time to kill today in between doctor's appointments so I went into a local audio store and had a peak, the same store where I bought my 81's from.

I noticed they still had some of the old reference line on blowout and I ended up getting a pair of rb-10s for a great price so I. Bought them.

I've been on the fence about switching to 7.1 since there doesn't seem to be a lot of blurays out there with it. I was also wondering if I. Had enough room for the extra pair since I only have 6 feet behind the couch.

Well I do play a lot of Grand Turismo which is in 7.1 and it definetley sounds better, I can here the cars coming from behind or passing now for the movies, I put in Transformers 3 and it is cool when they pan around all the channels. I know the rb-10s are a small speaker but they definetley do the job in my situation.

Yeah the 7.1 is impressive for games.

But for movies its only ok so far.

I haven't really heard a movie that has impressed me like on the games so far.

There is a gun scene in the book of Eli that is pretty good.

Hopefully it becomes more common place with movies.

^^^I disagree, there are getting to be more and more movies with 6.1/7.1. Granted, not as much as I would like, but I still think having 7.1 is worth it. LOTR bluray is fantastic for surround. I don't recall any games that I've played that have 7.1, tho I don't use my PS3 for gaming much.

I was just saying they could do way, way much better.

There are just some moments in 7.1 movies that I find my self thinking why didn't they have sound in that channel?

They are getting better.

There is just not as big an emphasis on the surround in most movies.

I just really, really like those moments that either run a chill up your spine or are so good they make you turn your head.

Almost ll the recent and new movie in the last couple of years are DD True HD and DTS Master have 6.1 or 7.1. If you don't have room behind you, front height speaker add some ooomph to the front stage. I like the 7.1 channel and get dissapointed if the move is 5.1. I will use DDPLIIx or DDPLIIz or another sound field for 5.1 movies. I like 7 speakers, lol.

Almost ll the recent and new movie in the last couple of years are DD True HD and DTS Master have 6.1 or 7.1. If you don't have room behind you, front height speaker add some ooomph to the front stage. I like the 7.1 channel and get dissapointed if the move is 5.1. I will use DDPLIIx or DDPLIIz or another sound field for 5.1 movies. I like 7 speakers, lol.

I run heights And wides , I love it for movies . I run Neo-X (9.2 & never going back)

for my 2 channel listening I use all channel stereo that converts the left & right channels between the 4 left & 4 rights... for the center it blends both channels

I use that for my listening of live soundboards

It is hard to find good 7.1 DVDs. But multi channel stereo is the only way I listen to music. Those extra speakers really help getting you into the center of it all.

Unless it is BD concert with a Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA 5.1 mix or an SACD, with my main sytem I listen to most music with NAD's enhanced stereo(all channel) feature that totally immerses the listener in sound.

Bill

It is hard to find good 7.1 DVDs. But multi channel stereo is the only way I listen to music. Those extra speakers really help getting you into the center of it all.

I was listening to Pink Floyd dsotm in 7 channel stereo and it sounded great, I've listened to it in 5 channel and it was still good but the two rear speakers make it more enjoyable.

I did not know the Avengers 3 D was out:

I don't believe they have released it on Bluray yet. Amazon says "preorder"

Its available 2nd week of September.

There is a full Blu Ray out on Piratebay [N] [bs]

C/P info

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description

----- -------- ------- -----------

DTS-HD Master Audio English 5217 kbps 7.1 / 48
kHz / 5217 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)

Dolby Digital Audio Russian 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps

Dolby Digital Audio Ukrainian 640 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 640 kbps

I'll wait for the real deal as always !