DarbeeVision

Heritage_Head

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vision must be incredibly poor as I can see no noticeable different between regular and Darbee viewing of any DVD movie even at 120%. I have more than perfect vision (20/10).

How would I connect my cable box to the Darbee since it has no HDMI connection but only RG-6?

At 120% it should almost distort the picture a little. How big

is the display and is it an hd signal? I can pause any movie at any point and

hit the on off on the darbee and see the change pretty easily. I run mine at

about 55% on hd mode.

I have no idea how much better dvds would be but blu rays

show a pretty big change. It’s not something you will get from just adjusting your

tv or blu ray player that I know of. But I’m no expert just posting what I see.

The display screen resolution is up to the display and limited by the display, not this Darbee. For example this little device could not make a B&W tv display in color. Likewise it can't make a Moniter display in a "higher" resolution or contrast than the display is capable of displaying. It can change the signal to increase contrast, but not past the display's capabilities, the same effect can be had by changing the display's settings.

Unless perhaps there are some display manufactorers who limit an awesome display by having their settings limited to such a point that the display can only output 90% of its maximum in say contrast, but that is highly dubious. That said I have never had a display where jerking the settings to anyone of their max settings yielded a better picture.

The display screen resolution is up to the display and limited by the display, not this Darbee. For example this little device could not make a B&W tv display in color. Likewise it can't make a Moniter display in a "higher" resolution or contrast than the display is capable of displaying. It can change the signal to increase contrast, but not past the display's capabilities, the same effect can be had by changing the display's settings.

Unless perhaps there are some display manufactorers who limit an awesome display by having their settings limited to such a point that the display can only output 90% of its maximum in say contrast, but that is highly dubious. That said I have never had a display where jerking the settings to anyone of their max settings yielded a better picture.

I will just say this. If I sat you down and showed you it on

and off you absolutely will see it focus the picture. They have many pictures

of it up over at avs that show it but it’s even more so in person. It’s not a gimmick

if it was I would have sent it back.

If it’s not for you no big deal but I wouldn’t call it

giving money to charity until you at least tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I received my Darblet last Friday and am just now getting a chance to tell my experience. The unit was very easy to install and worked fine with my HDMI splitter. I did not notice very much difference on my 55" LED. However, there was a very noticeable difference with my Epson projector and 120" screen. The biggest difference I noticed was improved contrast. It somehow darkened the dark areas and lightened the light highlights without messing with everything in between. When you pause something and turn the Darblet on and off you can see a major difference. It also did sharpen lines and seemed to make everything more detailed. Once you quit doing A/B comparisons and just watch something with it on, I'm not sure if I could even notice it working since the comparison was no longer there. I tried a few blu-rays and some showed more improvements than others. John Carter showed dramatic improvement while Battleship showed little to none.

And now for the bad. My wife woke me up the next morning to say that she could not get a picture to the TV. I tried the remote on the Darblet and nothing worked and the LED lights were no longer on. I disconnected and reconnected and still nothing. I tried plugging the unit into other outlets and nothing. My Darblet died on me after 4 hours use. The unit looks and feels cheap, and is poorly packed for shipping. I will be sending mine back for a refund since they only have a 90 day warranty.

Clean sorry to hear about it craping out on you.[:(] It is

cheaply made for sure. I have read about it not working with every set up

(handshake issues) but I have never heard of one dying like that. You must have

gotten a rare lemon. I don’t blame you for returning it for a refund I would too

if mine broke after 4 hrs. As you said it’s really noticeable on the big

screen. I don’t see much on my 70” lcd. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it for

anyone just using a flat panel. But imo it’s a huge for a projector.