Custom stands by Skylan Stands for Heresy / Forte...

moray james

For two years I have been putting a bug in the ear of Noel Nolan of
Skylan Stands to build a custom stand for the Heresy and Forte and here
they are with a set of H3 in Walnut.
These are the best designed best sounding stands on the market built by one
of the nicest people god made. I have a pair under my Forte and another
under the Heresy 3. Check out Noels site at http://skylanstands.com/.
For some reason I cannot get the picture to post here so
here is a ling to AK so you can see the stands in action under a pair of
H3 at my place. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=464426

• Moderators

For some reason I cannot get the picture to post here so
here is a ling to AK so you can see the stands in action under a pair of
H3 at my place.

I went to the page to check it out but you have to be a registered member to view the image. One I'm "approved" by the moderators, I'll add the pic to this thread.

Youthman thank you for the help. There was some issue with the format of the picture though it seemed to me that it was a JPEG but I am not the computer guy so I have no idea how to adjust the format to make it comepatable with the forum system. Do you need me to send you a copy of the picture?

I am reallly excited to see a small business cater to the Heritage owner like this. These stands can be built to suit a Forte of a Heresy which have essentially the same basic footprint. Noel will custom cut the stand height. If any owners are interested feedback to Noel would be a good idea as I said I spent two years pestering him and he is not at all sure that this will fly. The stands are mass loadable and they ship flat packed. Any color you like as long as it is black. Yes I uses these I have a pair under my Forte ll and a pair under my Heresy3. Best regards Moray James.

Similar but no those are custom designed for a Harbeth. The ones in my photo are custom versions for the Heresy and the Forte (and Forte ll) both are designed and manyfactured by Noel Nolan of Skylan Stands in Calgary Alberta. I have known Noel since the early 1980's and he is the salt of the earth. Skylan Stands is a small one man company which produces the best stands I have ever come across. Please give Noel some feedback so he will know this project was a worth while venture. I think it is fantastic to see the Heritage line up supported in this way. I hope that owners of Heritage speakers let Noel know what they are looking for. Best regards Moray James.

mike: nice picture.yours are just as solid a stand probably a little tighter actually. the only real advantage to the new stand is that it is a perfect fit and works very well from a visual point of view. That and it can be height adjusted to sit under a Forte or Forte ll and look just as good. These are also great for rear channel speakers to get them up so you can hear them behind the couch.You should contact Noel and buy a set of his Q-Bricks which are small interface disks which sit between the speaker and the stand they soundvery good. Best regards Moray James.

Thank you for your kind comments Boxx.

My Forte ll with stock risers removed are up on a 14 inch pair of these and they look stunning. Sitting on each base in the centre is a NuForce Ref 8 mono block with its single blue led, the combination sounds and looks like a million bucks.

A set of these stands is exactly what every CF3 / 4 owner needs to raise the centre of the horn to ear level when they are seated. Then you can truly hear what a CF3 can do. The horn is too low in the stock WTW configuration and many complain of a soft top end, get on axis to the horn and they soud very well balanced. Best regatrds Moay James

PS: if you like what you see and are interested or want to offer comments or suggestions please contact Noel at Skylanstands.com and give him some feedback.If there is little or no response these will fade away and turn into an "I told you so" pointed in my direction.

• 4 weeks later...

My Forte ll with stock risers removed are up on a 14 inch pair of these and they look stunning. Sitting on each base in the centre is a NuForce Ref 8 mono block with its single blue led, the combination sounds and looks like a million bucks.

Moray,

Could you post a few pictures of your Forte setup with the stands and monoblocks. It intrigues me and may appeal to my better half as well. Thank you.

My son has the Forte ll with the Skylan Stands and the Nu ForceRef 8 mono blocks sorry but they are in storage at the present as he is in shared accomodation in University and has no room for them this year. I have attached a picture of a pair of Harbeth M40 which are similar in size and as you can see there is plenty of room on the base plate of the stand for the amp to sit. I have the stock factory Forte risers removed as they look so dated and thespeaker sits more securly on the stand when the risers are removed. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

post-46582-13819800966182_thumb.jpg