Need a living room receiver

Scrappydue

Hey guys I have my only receiver downstairs right now since I spend more time down here than in my theater room. I plan on eventually upgrading my onkyo to either denon 4311 or something better in the next couple years but I am not ready to throw down on it yet so I have decided the 805 is gonna stay for a while longer. So I am looking for a avr for downstairs. It will eventually be running the rc-42ii ht. I don't think I need to have 7.1. So as of now I have a 5.1 setup ready to go. I have been looking at the denon 1312 for 120$ on accesories 4 less. But when you add to Cart it always tells you for a little extra you can have more. I hate that, as that is how I usually justify to my wife to spend more money on things. However I am not looking to spend a ton on this thing but they are making it hard for me. Getting a dose of my own medicine if you wil lol. I keep going all the way to the 2112 for 350$. For the reasons of audussey xt instead of none. 7.1 in case I ever wanted to run a zone 2 like maybe some deck speakers once I buy a home. Being able to pass video in standby. And the CI models have three year warranty so it would be two years over only one on the 1312-1912 models. I have never inner a denon so I thought this would be perfect to try and learn it so if I buy the 4311 it won't be confusing at all. Any help is always appreciated guys!

another way to look at it - you are wondering about saving maybe $200 for something that could last you maybe 10 years? I know you are looking for a "lower end" receiver but I would certainly spend the little extra to have some room to expand a bit if needed and you know you would be plenty happy with. The zone 2 capacity would be more than worth it to me.

Another route is look for a used Denon (or whatever you like) on CL or ebay. if you do not need HDMI then you could find many great 3000 level receivers out there for $300 or less.

again that just opens up another endless search...so the easy decision is get the 2112 for $350 an move on happily

My Denon has been flawless for over 7 years and still does everything I "need"

good luck and I am very impressed with what you have stacked up so far!

Jerol, I'm wanting something newer win hdmi pass through in standby. But I appreciate the offer. And ousig, I think your right. I should just get the 2112 and stop worrying. And thank you for the kind words. I have upgraded beyond what I ever thought I would own since only December. I have even debated in already upgrading more but I'm holding off. Doesn't matter what I hear, as long as its in a big room I seem to think it sounds better than mine. So I know my system just needs some room to breathe.