triamp klipschorn step by step with pictures

phutho

Hello Klipsch Experts,

I have a klipschorn bought from ebay some years ago. They are now still at my friend's home. I am planing to bring it back home and hook it up to triamp set up. What I would do are these step:

1) use the "lightspeed" passive preamp as the preamp

2) Use a tube amp Decware for the highend

3) use Aronov ls-9100 mono block for mid end (tube)

4) Use Citation power amp 7.1 for bass (solid stage)

Could you show me yours triamp klipschorn set up with pictures?

Can you change any or all components list above?

any suggestion is more than well come and appreciated

Thank you

Hi DJK,

Thanks. Yes I have dbx drive rack 260 as the crossover.

Does anyone have any step by step instructions and pictures of the triamp back plate hook up to the drivers of the klipschorn. I want to built a switchable back plate between triamp setup and the original passive x-over.

Thanks

Does anyone have any step by step instructions and pictures of the triamp back plate hook up to the drivers of the klipschorn.

You might try to PM or email Greg Oshiro (this is his forum name...) who has tri-amped his khorns and reported the settings here last December-January.

I have heard there there may be issues using the dbx drive racks from other members, so you might prepare yourself for potential comments in this area. I think that Greg used a Yamaha active crossover -- which is a very good one, and he also instrumented his room and speakers in order to verify his settings are working as planned. HIs settings should be useful to you as-is.

Chris

Edited by Cask05

Hi Preston Tom,

The lightspeed passive preamp has only one output and one input. The signal chain would be:

Sources: CD, DAC, reel to reel, or turn table

The source will go to passive preamp (lighspeed). will control the volumn for the whole system

Then go to DBX drive rack 260. The 260, with a laptop, will control all the time alignment/eq/x-over frequencies/individual volumns for each drivers.

Then go to the amps. The volumns to each amp will control by the DBX via computer above.

The to the raw speaker drivers.

So the signal path will be a mix of analog and digital (volumn control)

Above are the setup that I plan to do based on my limited self-learning knowledge.

Please comment and advice