Which Klipsch speakers with a NAD C316BEE Integrated Amp?

starbux58

I am getting this NAD amp that does 40 watts RMS into 8 ohms and hoping to find some Klipsch speakers I can afford to go with it. Was in a local Best Buy today and listened (as best I could with their programming source) some KF-28 speakers. I liked their sound but @$450 each too rich for my blood as they used to say, at least now, and now is when I need something to pair with the Yamaha.

I am open to older speakers, even bookshelf ones. I had wanted floorstanding so I didn't have to go out and buy stands, but even some Klipsch bookshelves and stands would be less than $900/pair. What about the RB-51's, the RB-51 II's, or the RB-41's? Found some used RB-41 II's close to $200 pair instead of normal $300/pair. Room is only 10ft by 13ft. just want good clean accurate sound as much as I can get, and not very high volumes. Just accurate at moderate or below. How would any of these work?

• Like 1

I had the Klipsch VF 35 and 36 speakers from BB. Same price as the newer ones but can be had from Vann's for around $ 169 new. They are very nice towers with great SQ and looks. A little stronger amp is most likely needed for HT if you want something different than Heritage speakers. I am not saying anything negative on Heritage speakers, just relaying info on equivalent speakers that are greatly under-valued.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I was in Cincinatti and I saw a pair of Forte 2's for sale at $350. I paid $300 for my Forte 1's. These are awesome speakers and I have to admit I have become something of a Forte fanboy. If you find a pair, you can also do some easy mods with BEC stuff, as time and money allow.

• 6 years later...

A search found me this thread so here's my first post bringing back an eight year old thread.

I too am purchasing the said amp but in today's V2 incarnation (phono input I think is the update, power remains the same).

Is 40W enough to comfortably drive the latest floor standing reference series RP5000F, RP6000F & RP8000F ?

Is there much difference in sound between the 5000 & 6000 and is it worth the extra $'s for the 6000 with a 40w amp ?

@MentalPatient,

Welcome to the forum.

2 hours ago, MentalPatient said:

Is 40W enough to comfortably drive the latest floor standing reference series RP5000F, RP6000F & RP8000F ?

Well, for moderate listening volumes in a smallish room, yes, but concert levels in a large room, most likely not.  If an NAD integrated is the route you are going with either of those Klipsch towers, maybe consider a minimum of the 326BEE.  A tad more power and stereo preouts for adding an outboard amp and/or subwoofer in the future.

Bill

RB 61 II can still be found new in various locations and online. Highly recommended. Hands down the best stand mounts I have ever owned, period. They are front ported which has always been my preference for ease of set up and location within a room. In a room that size you will not be disappointed. The RB 81 II are also very popular but seem to be harder to find.

Thank's for the welcome and replies.

A larger amp will happen next year, that's why I'm looking at floor standing. At that time the 316BEE will moved to a smaller room or used in a desktop setting with a computer though it will still have a CD player for quality.

Are the current PR bookshelves ok for use on a desktop with them being only a couple feet from my ears or do they need space to develop their sound ? I guess I'm asking if they are suited to near field listening.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2012 at 5:29 PM, starbux58 said:

I am getting this NAD amp that does 40 watts RMS into 8 ohms and hoping to find some Klipsch speakers I can afford to go with it. Was in a local Best Buy today and listened (as best I could with their programming source) some KF-28 speakers. I liked their sound but @$450 each too rich for my blood as they used to say, at least now, and now is when I need something to pair with the Yamaha.

I am open to older speakers, even bookshelf ones. I had wanted floorstanding so I didn't have to go out and buy stands, but even some Klipsch bookshelves and stands would be less than $900/pair. What about the RB-51's, the RB-51 II's, or the RB-41's? Found some used RB-41 II's close to $200 pair instead of normal $300/pair. Room is only 10ft by 13ft. just want good clean accurate sound as much as I can get, and not very high volumes. Just accurate at moderate or below. How would any of these work?

Concur with previous poster. Chorus or forte'. Certainly a solid 40 wpc will fill your space greatly, especially with a notable NAD.

Used 45 wpc  integrated on both...thank us later...welcome to the forum...:)

• 1 year later...

Any of the Heritage series ...vintage or more recent...would work well I would think. I am about to test my NAD 316bee with my Cornwall I's for a guy today....typically it drives my R-51M bookshelfs in my office but he wants to know how it drives the big Klipschs. I think it will do great as they are more efficient than my bookshelfs.  A set of Forte would be great. I was looking at Forte's but a pair of Cornwalls popped up locally so I could not resist. LOL