The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

• 2 weeks later...

Elysium is a well balanced movie with some of the current Geo-political major topics incorporated into the film. 4/5 stars.

We watched this last night, pretty good movie, didn't get to listen at normal levels due to the baby sleeping but the movie was good.

Next movie for me is Elysium with Matt Damon. Some people say it has good LFE and some people say it does not. I will just have to be the judge of that! he he.

I can see why that would happen! Watched it last night. There's no upper LFE to speak off, but my ceiling (and entire house really) was creaking in a weird way that I never experienced before and I could feel weird in my pants myself. Very low frequencies, and my system drops like a rock at 18 Hz. I can imagine the DTS-10 and IB people giving it an amazing review!

Definitely had some "felt" LFE as opposed to "heard". Was a good movie too.

• 2 weeks later...

NOW THIS IS BLU-RAY.

Watched Samsara the other night on a whim. I'm an audio guy first and foremost, but this blew the dust off that cold part of my heart once reserved for video, long stunted by a decade of spastic camera work and ADHD editing technique.

Absolute technical perfection....period.

82954_large.jpg

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

Screw the theater; when I can own the Blu ray for less?

There was belief at one point from some critics. With the rise of ht, that there would be less multiplex theaters, and movies would be simultaneously be released to pay per view or alike for a high price something around the 60.00 rental fee. But I haven't seen any of that happen yet. It may not since there were reports of less people building dedicated ht. Would be cool, and save me money to watch a movie.

Screw the theater; when I can own the Blu ray for less?

There was belief at one point from some critics. With the rise of ht, that there would be less multiplex theaters, and movies would be simultaneously be released to pay per view or alike for a high price something around the 60.00 rental fee. But I haven't seen any of that happen yet. It may not since there were reports of less people building dedicated ht. Would be cool, and save me money to watch a movie.

Renting for $60 would save you money? As opposed to renting for $5 now?