The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I was going through old posts to see if there's any good blu-ray's I hadn't seen. Watched this one over the weekend. Interesting movie! I'd recommend it.

eXistenZ

this movie just keeps getting better and better everytime I re watch it.

600full-existenz-screenshot.jpg

This is one of my old favorites The is something about the film that make always enjoyable.

Are there any other multi channel eagles albums that are not live? The only one I've found is Eagles - Hotel California DVD-A and it was about $45 used on ebay!

Not a BD movie but a BD concert. Sound quality, imaging, detail and video quality rivals Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City. Another reference BD concert.

Bill

THE%20EAGLES_FAREWELL_TOUR_LIVE_FROM_MEL

Awesome! I'm waiting to see that this week. I don't go to the theater in order to justify my system :)

off topic but...

A local chain owned by FYE always has brand new release movies that are opened, and sells them as used?!? I almost think they purposely open surplus stock to get around pricing restrictions. I've bought tons of them and the UV codes always work too. Just an FYI incase anyone has a FYE owned chain near them. Usually, I get "used" 2D BD releases for ~$12 after coupons/discounts.

I fell asleep the other night watching the new Thor movie. I think I'm just tired of that kind of thing. The exception seems to be anything with Robert Downey Jr. in it, so Iron Man III managed to keep me awake -

I bought "Gravity" with high expectations. It could have been a home run, but it was miscast. I like Sandra Bullock in most things, but she just wasn't right for this one. It seemed like she was working this thing like a trick, and it was a distraction. I ended up riveted, not by the story or the amazing special effects - but by her gallant attempt at trying to pull me into this character. She tries to carry it all for almost two hours - it just doesn't work. Still, I'll give her high marks for not being lazy, and putting everything she had into this.

Clooney, is well, Clooney. It works but they could have used anyone.

Picture quality is a solid 9 on my Samsung 55" 7000 series 240Hz LCD. Sound gets a 7.5. I had to manually EQ everything from 8kHz on up because the sound just seemed a little muffled and lacked vibrancy.

I enjoyed the film. But I probably didn't need to add this one to my collection.

Edited by DeanG