The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I watched the expendables 2 on sat night in the theater. Seen it once picked it up for a few bucks and enjoyed it for what it was. I hope they do more with the expendables 3 and mel Gibson always entertains. Video was a 3 of 5 on exp2 with a lot of out of focus shots and not the greatest black saw a lot of black crushing, but the audio was decent. Lots of directionality and dynamics but not up there with the top tier catalog titles. I plan to watch all 3 Riddick films next in the theater I picked up the Blu-ray box set off eBay brand new for cheap.

I totally agree with your points on Thor. Emily Rose was a real treat. Somethime I like owning a whole set, like Twilight, Hunger Games, Resident Evil, ect and definetly, they all are not great movies.

Edited by derrickdj1

Same here I enjoy completing sets and the marvel one is a biggie so it will have to make its way into the collection just like iron man 2. Resident evil is a guilt pleasure series for me I enjoy the first 3 a lot and like the fourth ok but the 5th was a little ehhhh but I didn’t pay top dollar for them I can be patient and I think I only spent around $5 a Blu-ray for each. Twilight I draw the line nothing about the series was something I felt was interesting so didn’t watch them but everyone has a guilty pleasure here and there. My biggest one is Anaconda. I know it isn’t a good movie but something about them all in the jungle with John Voight just is fun and I watch it usually once every other year. I have yet to watch gravity Carl but I will check this out now that the theater is done.

I guess I am still on a movie kick. Just finished watching : The Legend of Hercules. An OK movie that could of been great. Filmed in some of the effect of 300 but, missed the mark. This film deserves a C or C-. as a grade.

Today the kids watched frozen, I just heard it from 34' away while on the computer. It sucked bad, but the kids liked it.

kids musicals not your thing? I do think the song every two seconds gets kind of old but it has a good story line. Kind if reminds me of beauty and the beast as a film in general

• Moderators
kids musicals not your thing?

Nope I do not even like adult musicals, except for the movie Burlesque, and it wasn't really a musical.

Today the kids watched frozen, I just heard it from 34' away while on the computer. It sucked bad, but the kids liked it.

c'mon dtel have some heart :)

I do, I let the grandkids watch it as loud as they wanted as they sang along and I never said a word. I asked when I put on for them if they wanted the TV sound or the speakers, they chose correctly, I knew what the answer would be.

• Like 1

it amazes me how different opinions can be. i also thought thor 2 was kind of slow and boring. not even close to as good as the first. and i thought gravity was pretty good. edge of the seat for sure most of the movie. kind of a crappy ending but good audio and video

• Like 1

it amazes me how different opinions can be. i also thought thor 2 was kind of slow and boring. not even close to as good as the first. and i thought gravity was pretty good. edge of the seat for sure most of the movie. kind of a crappy ending but good audio and video

its kind of the opposite for me with those 2 movies...i struggle to watch fiction although the action draws me in...i wanted to watch gravity pretty bad then just was a bit longer with less action. Man the new thor had a blank spot shortly into the beginning about 40 min in then kept my attention mostly the rest the way through then towards the end my wife turned the volume down so i prepared dinner. Once i got back with my minute rice it was descent all the way to the end.

Sandra gets my attention regardless but she kinda let me down. I may try gravity again...I will for sure use the new thor again...never know tho its just a mood thing with me i guess. 5 stars id a tough call though anymore...just so many movies out...wish directors/producers would band up and make movies a bit better. our difference in opinion is interesting indeed...

kids musicals not your thing?

Nope I do not even like adult musicals, except for the movie Burlesque, and it wasn't really a musical.

My wife loves Burlesque lol I dont mind watching and sure its good music yet i dont care for it other than the dancing women...

I do like the old disney mary poppins and stuff like sound of music classics...maybe once every 3 years or so...

yeah i hear ya on the mood part. i have watched lots of movies and disliked them very much, then when i watched them later enjoyed them and then purchased them.

Thats the nail on the head...its the earth and its rotation not our mood lol iv even bought them...never watching then finally do and their good movies...other times not...good movies just seem rare...this thread is helping out a lot though as well as other info in the forum. My wife just buys movies too much...its slowing down a bit lately thankfully...shes been renting dvds and lotta blurays at the library..for free so its an easy trial w/out paying a dime...they got everything in bluray and its right next to the grocery a few blocks away.

mary poppins
this one and the newsies are about the only two musicals i will watch

Just watched it last week...its funny some of the cheesy background but darn good movie/s...lotta non action action and sounds pretty neat too.