The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Robocop (2014)

This was not as terrible as I thought it would be. While I still don't like the changes they made as far as Murphy's awareness of his situation and the family dynamic, this was still a worthy update to the original. Combat wise, this Robocop is far more agile and dynamic than his 1990's counterpart. 3.5 out of 5

Not a whole lot of outrageous LFE effects. Not a knock against it. It is not one of those overly aggressive mixes where gunshots sound like cannon fire.

film.org.pl_robocop-2014-poster-250x370.

Edited by karelj

Juno-like, but from a guy's POV. Hipster flair, but nails three home runs for home theater demo material. Definitely a guy's movie through and through. About as honest as it gets.

1. Beautifully shot. No gratuitous CGI and hardly any makeup. Revealing of every detail...almost too much in certain shots. You've been warned.   :ph34r:

2. Great musical soundtrack, right from the opening scene. Vinyl lovers will be in heaven.

3. Real Dolby surround....now THIS is 5.1  The outdoor shots sound simply fantastic at reference level! There's even a fireworks scene that DTS-10 folks can show off with. Did I forget to mention "real"!?

....deleted scenes that are also worth a peek.    ;)

24424_large.jpg

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

Juno-like, but from a guy's POV. Hipster flair, but nails three home runs for home theater demo material. Definitely a guy's movie through and through. About as honest as it gets.

1. Beautifully shot. No gratuitous CGI and hardly any makeup. Revealing of every detail...almost too much in certain shots. You've been warned.   :ph34r:

2. Great musical soundtrack, right from the opening scene. Vinyl lovers will be in heaven.

3. Real Dolby surround....now THIS is 5.1  The outdoor shots sound simply fantastic at reference level! There's even a fireworks scene that DTS-10 folks can show off with. Did I forget to mention "real"!?

24424_large.jpg

That movie doesn't have dts ma. Its dolby true hd :) Blu-ray review

24424_large.jpg

That movie doesn't have dts ma. Its dolby true hd :) Blu-ray review

DTS-10 subwoofer? Not dts-ma soundtrack?

That movie doesn't have dts ma. Its dolby true hd

Hence...

3. Real Dolby surround...

;) She was married to Mark Levinson at one time. Hint, Hint.

DTS-10 subwoofer? Not dts-ma soundtrack?

Bingo. There's a roman candle scene with fairly authentic pyrotechnic sound. Really put the spurs to the THT, and I imagine the Danley owners (or any other horn sub folks for that matter) would get a kick out of it.

See also (particularly 0:40-0:54):

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

It is not one of those overly aggressive mixes where gunshots sound like cannon fire.

Why do people do this? I don't understand it. Some of these sound guys need to go shooting before they try to reproduce what they think it sounds like. "3 days to kill" does this, drove me nuts, big subwoofer blast every time a pistol went off. Pretty dumb.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The new Godzilla is great. At moderate volume levels my ears actually began to ring for the first time. My poor cat hit the ceiling at one point from a complete sleep while laying on my wifes recliner....Lfe were really nice....imo its a must have for bluray home theater collection. Did find some monologue that was a bit out of phase at about 1/3 the way in...other than that audio seemed very accurate for this type of flick. Almost 5 stars

Wifes been bringing tons of blue rays home and between this and Django not much worth the time imo. Django has visual effects that were outta the park and audio was above average+. Very entertaining...must owns imo

The new Godzilla is great. At moderate volume levels my ears actually began to ring for the first time. My poor cat hit the ceiling at one point from a complete sleep while laying on my wifes recliner....Lfe were really nice....imo its a must have for bluray home theater collection. Did find some monologue that was a bit out of phase at about 1/3 the way in...other than that audio seemed very accurate for this type of flick. Almost 5 stars

I watched half of it last night, I agree about the LFE, much better than most movies mainly due to the wide variety of sounds rather than just the same low thud over and over.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...