The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Koyaanisqatsi.1982.1080p.BluRay.x264-NOD

I got the new-ish Criterion Collection of the Qatsi trilogy for Christmas on blu-ray, watched Koyaanisqatsi last night on the 120" screen in the basement.  I have had a standard dvd for years but the difference in image quality and sound is huge. The visuals took me back to the first time I saw it at the theater when the film first came out, simply stunning. The Philip Glass score sounds much improved as well, even better than the DVD-A from a few years ago. Looking forward to watching the next two before life resumes next week.

• Like 1

Eh veiny can be had without steroids.

Yeah, you look so much like Wolverine that I expect claws to pop out. ;)

I've been told that a telltale sign of steroid use is a big fat hose on your bicep so that raised an eyebrow. It wasn't so much the big ones though as all the little ones that showed up everywhere. I always thought it was due to low bodyfat. I used to swim in open water for triathlons so I had pretty big and really cut shoulders but I never had veins like that even though I had 6-pack abs. Bruce Lee got down to 3% bodyfat for some movies and he didn't have veins like that even though you could see each individual muscle in his shoulders. So, I don't know what the difference is.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I think each person is so different. I think a ton of what anyone's physique looks like can be pointed towards having good jeans. I use to hang out with this lady that installed garage doors for a living. She was very manly like vs lady like. She wasn't huge or anything. Very skinny tall thing. She has the most ridiculous veins I have ever seen in my life. And then I used to work out with dudes that were 5'7" and 230lb monsters. And they had zero veins. Just huge balloon muscles. And with being in the military none of us ever took steroids.

To be fair, Hugh Jackman was sculpted like a Greek god. I mean I'm not a girly man or anything, but my goodness, veins sticking out of his shoulders and whatnot, surely he had a body double. Otherwise he must eat steroids for breakfast and pure testosterone for dinner.

It is reported that he worked out long and hard for that film.  Not bad for an old man at 45.

Hit and Run. Just now. Wow what a fun movie. Corvette vs. Cadillac race scenes, desert racer buggy action, psychological mind-screws, eye candy aka. KRISTEN BELL, Bradley Cooper got prison raped, best movie I have seen in awhile. I had a grin pretty much the entire time.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

November Man: An Excellent rental

Guardians of The Galaxy: A good rental

Opinions abound, but I saw guardians in theatre and I had to have it. It is one of the least serious/funny marvel movies to date, and fairly true to the source. Only when Deadpool releases will it be topped.

I am also a huge Anima fan and own quite a bit of anime, anime movies I have only seen a few of, but one of my all time favorites was princess mononoke. I did see spirited away and it was pretty good, never saw ponyo, and laputa castle in the sky was fairly good as well. Next on my list is to get this attack on titan I hear so much about. That and Rozen Maiden... (must aquire all geneon released titles).

Edited by Cosmic_surfer

I am also a huge Anima fan and own quite a bit of anime, anime movies I have only seen a few of, but one of my all time favorites was princess mononoke. I did see spirited away and it was pretty good

Those are both excellent anime films.  How's Moving Castle is also and one.

Koyaanisqatsi.1982.1080p.BluRay.x264-NOD

I got the new-ish Criterion Collection of the Qatsi trilogy for Christmas on blu-ray, watched Koyaanisqatsi last night on the 120" screen in the basement.  I have had a standard dvd for years but the difference in image quality and sound is huge. The visuals took me back to the first time I saw it at the theater when the film first came out, simply stunning. The Philip Glass score sounds much improved as well, even better than the DVD-A from a few years ago. Looking forward to watching the next two before life resumes next week.

very nice... a personal favorite of mine. the DVD audio version of that sound track is stunning. its slightly different than the movies version.

FYI, I saw PG perform that sound track live with the movie in the background.

My wife and I enjoyed this set over the holiday's,

That is very revealing Dennie, lol.   Here is one for  next Xmas:

I know, right?!!!   LOL

My wife likes "horror" movies.  Me, not as much.  So we thought the "Suspense" genre would be likeable by us both.  It was.

....and let me be clear, this was not a Christmas eve type of movie.  I had 13 days off and "enjoyed them over the holiday".  

It was a bargain and well worth the $18, any time of year.  LOL

Dennie