The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Skyfall:  Worst Bond film ever. 

Good opening chase scene with motorcycles on housetops, but after that it went straight downhill, and was boring and stupid.  The plot device was clever, mirroring life on the Klipsch web forums, old school vs new school.  It was old school 007 fighting the bad guys with low tech like guns and a radio vs new school high-tech computer genius with a vendetta against M.  The plot just drags and the end is predictable.

+++

Django:  The "D" is silent.  If you like bad acting, listening to the "N-word" being thrown around by white racists for two hours accompanied by graphic masochistic torture scenes and gruesome murder of black slaves, then this movie is for you.

I cannot believe this movie was so highly rated when it came out.  The beginning starts out fairly well and is somewhat uplifting when the black slave Django gets liberated from the slave traders, but the middle is bad and the ending is simply stupid.  There is nothing historically accurate about the white slave owners (Leo DiCaprio) who are painted in a terrible stereotypical way, or the hundreds of black slaves on the plantation who aid the plot in the middle but mysteriously are completely absent in the end.  I rate this movie "S" for Stupid.

me and the wife thought that one was just ok. Have you seen let's be cops yet? It's pretty dang funny too

No, to be honest this is the first comedy we've watched in who knows how long. Most of them are so cheesy nowadays. I'm a fan of college humor like Road Trip, I guess this reminded me of that genre, mixed in with some uncool old-guy has-been humor which I can relate to.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

More of a Prologue/Mini-Series than a Movie for the masses, but it's certainly an (audio) demo worthy disc nonetheless. Whether you're a fan of the franchise or have never heard of Master Chief.... this 90 minute live-action production will wake up every speaker in the house & the LFE will kick you in the gut non-stop (without apology) & make you smile. The Blu-ray can currently be had for under $9 bucks, pick one up... your sub(s) will thank you.

Edited by Nismo

The Wife and I are always looking for movies with good American values, like this series we watched a few years ago....

914bK93eGjL_zpsd4bf8dee.jpg

So, we were looking around amazon and came across one of (both of) our favorite TV series from childhood (or so)....

91QVVd8IbiL_zps1ab6eec6.jpg

This is the best video we've ever seen "LHOTP", sharp, clean and in HD!  The audio is DTS MA 2.0 and is fine for this old series and for about $17, it is a steal for about 22 episodes and the original pilot movie.

We're getting ready to start Season 2....

71m3dN0ND9L_zpsffe3b6bd.jpg

We have season 3 on standby and season 4 comes out tomorrow.  The rest of the 9 seasons are supposed to be released around September of this year.

A trip down memory lane with good wholesome values.  We'll watch these with the Grandkids also.  :D

Dennie

Edited by Dennie

Went back to watch Tron last night.  Really liked it on the projector.  However when I looked at the aspect ratio on the box and saw "1.78:1 and 2.35:1", I guess I thought you had a choice.  No, they meant both at the same time.  It switched back and forth the whole time.  It was 2.35 until they thought something should look tall.  Viola, instant projecting over the top of my screen frame.  Lame.  

• Like 1

A Walk Among The Tombstones:  This is more of a mystery detective movie.

Liam needs to shut his commie mouth about the gun culture in this country or he won't be doing many more movies with heavy gunplay. He already has Para calling for a boycott as well as publicly regretting that they were his firearm supplier for his movies.

• Like 1

Watched Mr. Peabody and Sherman last night. The geek factor was pretty huge, which was neat. We homeschool so the actual historical aspects in the movie was neat to explain to the kids. 3-D effects and LFE wasn't nearly as good as most other animated movies nowadays, plus it was in 16:9 aspect ratio. But, it wasn't quite as mindless either which was an interesting break.

Watched Mr. Peabody and Sherman last night. The geek factor was pretty huge, which was neat. We homeschool so the actual historical aspects in the movie was neat to explain to the kids. 3-D effects and LFE wasn't nearly as good as most other animated movies nowadays, plus it was in 16:9 aspect ratio. But, it wasn't quite as mindless either which was an interesting break.

we thought this one was really fun.
  • Like 1