The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

The Equalizer was a very enjoyable file.  Denzel Washing gave another great performance as a mild manner average Joe that will kill you without a second thought.  This is a good rental.

They should have named it "101 Ways to Die in The Home Depot".  

Watched The Maze Runner last night.  It was a bit more intelligent than the movie cover let on, tons of obnoxiously powerful bass.  Kaya Scodelario made me wish it was 2017 already, she's supposed to be the star of Pirates of the Caribbean 5.  My only complaint was that some of the action scenes were a bit dark and muddled, visually much of it wasn't real clear.  

Watched The Maze Runner last night.  It was a bit more intelligent than the movie cover let on, tons of obnoxiously powerful bass.  Kaya Scodelario made me wish it was 2017 already, she's supposed to be the star of Pirates of the Caribbean 5.  My only complaint was that some of the action scenes were a bit dark and muddled, visually much of it wasn't real clear.  

On the TV the PQ was ok with the BD.  Are you using a projector?

On the TV the PQ was ok with the BD.  Are you using a projector?

Yeah projector.  It was ok until where the griever's were shown, especially when they were doing something fast.  I have a nice JVC which usually has gorgeous black levels so I was surprised.  Just kind of a dark blur in some of the griever scenes.  Lots of grays and dark browns moving around real fast in a blur.  

Griever.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

New guy weighing in here. the last Bluray I watched was Fury which was ok. However, and hopefully not too far off topic, the last movie I watched was Rudderless on DVD. Although I generally try to avoid that format this one was pretty good and I would say was worth the Redbox rental.

7829.jpg

Edited by miketyler

Blu Ray or DVD?  All I can find is DVD.

Well, since I've been in the process of auditioning new AV receivers and decided to also get a new subwoofer I watched Skyfall (BluRay).

The HT setup includes Klipsch Chorus One left & right mains, Klipsch RC7 center and surrounds and a Samsung 61" DLP/LED, PS3 for the player. The AVR I decided on is an Onkyo TX-NR838 and a new SVS PC-2000 sub.

Man, the subway scene where the train comes crashing through the ceiling was absolutely awesome!!! The floor and sofa literally rippled under my feet and ***. Very Cool. Just like in the Imax. The SPL on a RS digital SPL meter was hitting 110dB. No sense of strain or compression or clipping. I could see the vertical blinds shaking. Awesome  :D

Edited by artto

Blu Ray or DVD?  All I can find is DVD.

I saw it on blu ray.  I won't voluntarily watch DVD's nowadays.  :)  

I saw it on blu ray. I won't voluntarily watch DVD's nowadays

I'm a bit of a Blu Ray snob myself

i have so many FANTASTIC Dvds that I won't watch cause I can't stand dvd's on projectors. Not too bad on regular tv's thiugh. One day I'd love to replace the dvd collection with blurays. But at 600-700 dvd's that isn't gonna be till I win the lottery and have disposable income.

Even Netflix is better than dvd's. Watching Pink's concert on netflix right now, it is gorgeous. I watch it about once a week. Not entirely sure what exactly I would gain by buying the blu ray. Super nice black content or however you say that.

Metropolis, firstly the images used by any streaming service are far more compressed than you get on Gou-Ray Cyrus marks a compromise in image quality or a possible increase in artifacts. Even thought the images have the same number of pixels they won't have the same level of detail. Secondly, and more appropriate to this forum; there are no streaming services that stream lossless audio. Netflix streams in DD 5.1 instead of the more common DTSHD-MA 7.1 that most Blu-Rays employ. The difference between the two formats is night and day. If you've made significant investments in your hi def home theater and you aren't taking advantage of this bump in quality then you are throwing money away, in my opinion.

Metropolis, firstly the images used by any streaming service are far more compressed than you get on Gou-Ray Cyrus marks a compromise in image quality or a possible increase in artifacts. Even thought the images have the same number of pixels they won't have the same level of detail. Secondly, and more appropriate to this forum; there are no streaming services that stream lossless audio. Netflix streams in DD 5.1 instead of the more common DTSHD-MA 7.1 that most Blu-Rays employ. The difference between the two formats is night and day. If you've made significant investments in your hi def home theater and you aren't taking advantage of this bump in quality then you are throwing money away, in my opinion.

girst off what is gou-Ray exactly?

Second off re read his posts. He said he prefers streaming over dvd. I can assure you metro has a Blu Ray player

I'm a sucker for a $5 blu-ray and this did not disappoint.  It's based on a true story and was well worth the money.  

The audio is nothing special, but if you like Jack, Mathew or Shirley, it is an enjoyable 99 minutes. . 

71-r8R0Md9L_zpscf622c6b.jpg