The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I'm starting to get that way with Star Wars. I'm like, so these storm troopers walk around in armor all day that doesn't actually do anything, they still get killed when they're shot. Then they have way advanced technology, yet nobody can hit ANYTHING when they shoot.

I think you're being too critical of the Storm Troopers.  :angry:

Sand people are much worse shots.  :P

• Like 1

Originally a day-one purchase, I watched it again last night (probably the 5th x) & I still enjoyed every moment. 

A fresh, modern take with the genre with tons of attitude & interesting characters everywhere.

John Wick strikes the perfect balance of calm & serenity combined with deliberate, matter of fact chaos.

The fight choreography & gun-play is outstanding. Lots of memorable dialog & one-liners.

Great score, even better soundtrack with music selections that hit all the right notes at just the right time.

The audio filled the entire room from start to finish & the PQ was excellent.

The sound engineer should have won an Oscar for the rumble of the Mustang alone.

I can easily see this becoming a new franchise for Keanu. Good Stuff. I can't wait to watch it again.

5TbCP37.jpg

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 1

Excellent movie.......crank up the opening scene!

81IZmSnk7nL._SL1500_.jpg

i thought this one was terrible. I mean ok

Movie but man can a guy get a break. And if I had went and seen this on xmas day when it opened I would have left the theater so pissed off.

Watched John wick just now. Thought it was good. Had some pretty good LFE. prolly won't buy it. Can't see watching it more than maybe once every 5 years.

We are behind on flicks, didn't have time this weekend and my HT is half mixed up because of the upgrades. Was at the spring game last weekend.

I will be getting into my new copy of Smokey and the Bandit on Blu Thu or Fri, as well as Outcast, Son of a Gun and Night of the Lone Wolf.

post-46907-0-43200000-1429491507_thumb.jVery cool documentary about an independent build of a one man sub to visit the deepest place on earth, The Mariana Trench. All of this lead by James Cameron.....I would of liked more info and footage of the building and engineering of the sub, but still a very cool documentary......I highly recommend it. :D  :D.....It's on NetFlix if any of you have it.

post-46907-0-53760000-1429490934_thumb.j

Edited by Audio Android

Interstellar -- not bad.  Semi-plausible (in fact, not a stretch, since String Theory people think there are 10 or more dimensions, not a mere 5).

Great audio dynamic range!

I found the frequent changing of Aspect Ratio bothersome.  I understand they were switching back and forth between the IMAX shape and the 'scope/Panavision shape.  If the developers of IMAX had decided on a more panoramic shape, like 2.35:1 or 2.2:1, we wouldn't have had that problem.  It was almost as bad as Grand Budapest Hotel in that regard.

We saw The Imitation Game last night .... highly recommended. Great story and very well acted. On Friday, and just for kicks, we watched the old Steve McQueen movie Bullitt. The car chase is still great, even after all of the many take offs trying to top it, and overall the movie is still very good.

We saw The Imitation Game last night .... highly recommended. Great story and very well acted. On Friday, and just for kicks, we watched the old Steve McQueen movie Bullitt. The car chase is still great, even after all of the many take offs trying to top it, and overall the movie is still very good.

Great choice! As you can see I'm a big fan of anything car/racing/bike related. Bullitt, Grand Prix, Get Away are always a great watch. My favorite from that era is Le Mans... Bullitt has great car chases... but the movie itself is a bit like watching paint dry. I gotta dig out Le Mans this week.

fjjdK6H.jpg

Cx1khw4.jpg

Xk4UUEh.jpg

a6XkxZ5.jpg

53bPmyz.jpg

rv5R1hF.jpg

• Like 1

I love the imax shots and hardly ever notice it in movies, because Nolan is quite fond of that.

I may have overstated my objection.  The IMAX shots in Interstellar are much less obtrusive than those in Grand Budapest Hotel, perhaps because the much higher excitement of the former helped me "go with it."  I'm sure that they were very effective in an IMAX theater.   Hotel, on the other hand, was less involving on an emotional level, and there was sufficient aesthetic distance to allow the changing ARs to be distracting. 

I'm assuming that your 65" VT50 screen has a 1.78:1 (16:9) Aspect Ratio.  Does it?  If so, on your screen, the IMAX shots would have occupied the full area -- or near it -- of your the screen, while the 2.35:1 shots would be in letterbox.   We use a 130" true width 2.35:1 screen, and, normally, a 2.35 image occupies the entire screen (130 inches wide & 55 inches high), whereas 1.78 or 1.85 are smaller.  This is keeping with the intentions of almost all filmmakers, from 1953 on; 2.35 was expected to be bigger on the screen than 1.85/1.78.  For the two films we are talking about, it was just the opposite -- the 1.78 was bigger (approx 98 inches wide and 55 inches high), but the 2.35 was much smaller than we are used to seeing with 'scope -- we got 98 inches wide and 42 inches high, in other words, letterbox.  We're just not used to that.  I understand that, in these two cases, the filmmakers wanted the IMAX images to be bigger, as they have every right to want. :)

Edited by garyrc

Great choice! As you can see I'm a big fan of anything car/racing/bike related. Bullitt, Grand Prix, Get Away are always a great watch. My favorite from that era is Le Mans... Bullitt has great car chases... but the movie itself is a bit like watching paint dry. I gotta dig out Le Mans this week.

fjjdK6H.jpg

Cx1khw4.jpg

Xk4UUEh.jpg

a6XkxZ5.jpg

53bPmyz.jpg

rv5R1hF.jpg

Steve McQueen was a bad mofo….he used to enter dirt bike races under a fake name so the movie studios wouldn't sue him. Anybody know what name he used most often?

• Like 1