The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Had several new arrivals last year (70" Sharp, new Denon, Oppo, etc.) & I just realized I've yet to watch this since the upgrades.

From Trinity stomping on the tin roof; to the lobby scene.... it never looked or sounded better.

---------

Why do my eyes hurt? 

You've never used them before.

Why do my ears hurt?

You were pissing off the neighbors. 

Qpr6T4T.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome.  Just watched it in 3d.  

Do you like 3D for home? 

I just watched Avengers 2 - Age of Ultron in 3D at the theater and after an hour or so it seemed more like a novelty than a significant feature.  I've never seen 3D at home.

Do you like 3D for home? 

I just watched Avengers 2 - Age of Ultron in 3D at the theater and after an hour or so it seemed more like a novelty than a significant feature.  I've never seen 3D at home.

I have 25+ Blu-ray titles in 3D. My glasses are active & the Sharp does an excellent job displaying the image. Results can vary, as many titles are shot in 3D and some are converted in post. But overall I thoroughly enjoy 3D at home. I did have to upgrade my older hdmi cables for newer high speed cable (the older cables were causing ghosting of the image)... the new cables eliminated that.

The Resident Evil films are amazing in 3D (some of the best transfers). Pacific Rim, Edge of Tomorrow, Tron, Avatar, Life of Pi, Transformers, Avengers &  the Hobbit films are good live action examples as well. The first 15 minutes of Pacific Rim is outstanding.

Pretty much all of the animated title are excellent (Despicable Me, Jow to train your Dragon, Croods, Frozen, Rise of the Guardians). I have several of the NatGeo/IMAX types; Under the Sea, Hubble, Space Station etc., while most are short they really showcase 3D for the home. 

• Like 1

Awesome.  Just watched it in 3d.  

Do you like 3D for home? 

I love it on bright animated movies.  Live action, not so much.  With animated ones they can make the different depths be very obvious.  With live action often there is an infinite amount of depths so nothing really pops at you.  Plus, with the glasses on everything gets darker, so animated movies compensate for that.  With live action movies it just looks like a dark version of what you ought to be seeing.  

I have several of the NatGeo/IMAX types; Under the Sea, Hubble, Space Station etc., while most are short they really showcase 3D for the home. 

The into the arctic one was horrible for 3D due to the snow being dingy.  I'm sure it would be great on imax but that system uses a different type of glasses.  

Watched the original Monsters Inc. last night.  It was funny because I have watched that movie a blue million times when my oldest daughter was growing up.  Now she's almost 19 and off to college though.  So I'm watching it with my two younger kids, except it was like watching it for the first time.  Sully's hair was awesome, I had no idea there was LFE in it at all, there was tons of details that are obvious on a big screen but I never caught on a TV, and the surround sound just really tripped me out.  At the time that it came out we had a 32" TV and got by on that for years.  At best we had a $300 receiver with surrounds but it never was set up right.  Anyway, just kind of neat to be able to not really directly compare, but to be able to see what a halfway nice system can do for a movie based on memory.  

• Like 1

Watched the original Monsters Inc. last night. It was funny because I have watched that movie a blue million times when my oldest daughter was growing up. Now she's almost 19 and off to college though. So I'm watching it with my two younger kids, except it was like watching it for the first time. Sully's hair was awesome, I had no idea there was LFE in it at all, there was tons of details that are obvious on a big screen but I never caught on a TV, and the surround sound just really tripped me out. At the time that it came out we had a 32" TV and got by on that for years. At best we had a $300 receiver with surrounds but it never was set up right. Anyway, just kind of neat to be able to not really directly compare, but to be able to see what a halfway nice system can do for a movie based on memory.

dude the Pixar movies are reference standard for visual and audio
  • Like 2