The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Ragnarok: I watched this one off recommendations form an AVS thread. The bass in the movie was OK and not insane as reported. I did watch it from Netflix in DD+ which on my system is not as good as BD. Only watch this if you don't mind reading, lol.

Must watch the BD. Look on DataBase forum, there is tons and tons of low bass in Ragnarok.

Nope, not for a movie that's been out 16 years.

LOL!  You point is well taken!  :lol:  I had NO idea it had been out that long, for all I knew it could have come out last week.  Can you tell I'm not a big movie person? 

With your permission, I'll still edit out my comments.  You look fine, I'm the idiot!  :rolleyes:

+++

Edit:  I just went back a previous page and saw all the jokes made at my expense.  My penance for my error is "no editing allowed."  I think I've got to take my medicine like man this time. 

Did the Titanic really sink?  :blink:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

No worries, I was simply poking fun at the thread

No worries?  I busted a gut laughing at all the comments.  :lol:

Rest assured, I'd have done that to you if it were you the one hopelessly worrying about revealing the endings of movies made in the last century.  :P

• Like 1

I totally didn't realize (SNIP SNIP SNIP). made sense at the end though.

I strongly suggest you edit that statement OUT of your post, or add a note at the beginning of your post to make clear there is a SPOILER ALERT!

+++

Frankly, it doesn't bother me, but I've seen a LOT of serious movie goers get upset if the ending is revealed and they hadn't seen the movie yet.

If you do the edit, I'll delete my post completely, then say nice things about you. As a matter of fact, you can write it, and I'll sign it. B)

Nope, not for a movie that's been out 16 years.

hey guess what I haven't ever seen it. But I don't care that you just ruined it for me.......
  • Like 1

Finally watched American Sniper on Memorial Day.  I only wish there was more sniping and less talky-talky.  Lots of badass stories in the book were overlooked.  

I have to agree.  For me the movie played kinda flat (almost apologetic). I have the book, read the articles & saw numerous interviews with Chris Kyle (long before the movie was made). His story is far more powerful & sadly more tragic than was portrayed in the movie. Kinda weird because you don't watch this type of movie to be entertained (it's about service to country), but I expected it to to have more intensity & more emotion. I was expecting Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor— not a Lifetime movie. But still glad Clint shared the story of Chris Kyle.

Finally watched American Sniper on Memorial Day.  I only wish there was more sniping and less talky-talky.  Lots of badass stories in the book were overlooked.  

I have to agree.  For me the movie played kinda flat (almost apologetic). I have the book, read the articles & saw numerous interviews with Chris Kyle (long before the movie was made). His story is far more powerful & sadly more tragic than was portrayed in the movie. Kinda weird because you don't watch this type of movie to be entertained (it's about service to country), but I expected it to to have more intensity & more emotion. I was expecting Black Hawk Down, Lone Survivor— not a Lifetime movie. But still glad Clint shared the story of Chris Kyle.

It seems that most action revolved around the exaggerated enemy sniper story.  That whole thing was pretty much made up, like most everything about it.  Kind of weird.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Fury was also a good war/solider movie.

Aside from Fight Club & ******, I just never found any of Brad Pitt's performances to be believable. I'll have to check out Fury sometime. 

For me, this has been my go-to-standard for war/soldier epics.

Best to binge watch it, just gotta find the time to get thru it over a long weekend.

ZcAIoyI.jpg

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 1

Good movie.  It cracks me up everytime I watch it.

Yeah, back in the day I had just seen Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels. It was the first time I'd seen Jason Statham. Then saw he was in Sn@tch & had to get it. It's hilarious. Guy Ritchie hasn't done much, but I always enjoyed those 2 movies.  Although...Lock-Stock pretty much need sub-titles all the way thru (lol).