The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Normally I enjoy & only watch the Extended versions for each, but wanted to try & binge watch all 3 over the weekend.

Watching the Theatrical versions made that a bit easier & it didn't seem like I was missing any of the extended scenes.

M8azZZ5.jpg

G0J7bLy.jpg

TB5FBVX.jpg

• Like 1

The best movies don't make blatantly sloppy mistakes over and over.  It's like they don't even care, they're just following a proven formula.  Since we're on the third iteration of this movie, that's probably hard to argue against.  

I enjoyed 1 & 2 for what they were, but passed on T3 once Liam Neeson started barking about America with his anti-gun comments. He even blamed America for the Paris Terrorist attack. Plus,I heard the latest movie was by far the worst of the 3. Makes for an easy pass on my part.

The first one was a pretty original idea, but more than that, it had some downright shocking extreme close quarters gunplay that is rarely seen in movies.  That's what made it successful in my opinion.  

• Like 1

The first one was a pretty original idea, but more than that, it had some downright shocking extreme close quarters gunplay that is rarely seen in movies.  That's what made it successful in my opinion.  

Yeah, the first is my favorite. Raw, bold & straight forward. Almost an independent feel with great car chases, gun play & CQC (close quarters combat) that did not rely on CG.

John Wick takes that same premise & amplifies it x1000 watts. Martial Arts & Gunplay....I believe they called their CQC.... gun-fu.

HtFwQcM.jpg

Edited by Nismo

Hard to believe its already been 11 years since THE INCREDIBLES hit the big screen.

By far my favorite Pixar film & the AQ/PQ still delivers a great HT punch.

Original Writer/Director Brad Bird has finally starting working on the long awaited sequel.  

WSWU7FR.jpg

• Like 4

..and features Natalie Portman!

I think Leon was also her best performance— effortless, natural, captivating & talent beyond her years.  Her more recent stuff has kinda lost me, she really crashed & burned in Star Wars.

Peter! Welcome back brother. Glad to see ya! :emotion-22:

Have Leon here too...great movie. Great cast and story line. Love Gary Oldman in that as well.

...but Natalie Portman in Black Swan   :blink:   <wipes brow> :ph34r:  ~whew~

I enjoy Aronofsky behind the camera, he always brings a distinct approach to each film. Obviously familiar with Black Swan, just never thought the ballerina subject matter would be of any interest . I know its much deeper & darker & steamy than that initial basic premise (thus Aronofsky's involvement) but always passed nonetheless. Amazon has the Blu-ray for only $6.99 so I just grabbed it tonight.

Hard to believe its already been 11 years since THE INCREDIBLES hit the big screen. By far my favorite Pixar film & the AQ/PQ still delivers a great HT punch.

This is an excellent sound track.  Lots of screaming trumpets, if you like that sort of thing.

I know I do.  B)

+++

I thought you guys might be interested in the first vid detailing how they mixed the soundtrack, preferring an "old school" approach to making this 60's sounding music featuring the "in your face" brass sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUtWvt7_6MU

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

mqn what a great trilogy to have. I watched the first one tonight on amc.

Yeah, I saw it had started on AMC, so grabbed the disc to watch the whole thing.  Might have to pop the 2nd one in tonight.  Hard to believe it's been 30 years already...

Long time fan of Luc Besson & his many projects. This is my favorite film from him.

It might be my favorite role for Jean Reno too. Excellent cast, great acting, cool story.

jFBhf2b.jpg

Yes, great movie, one of my favorites. It has quite a few of my favorite actors…Oldman, Reno, Aiello.

Have you ever seen Reno in a movie called the Big Blue?

Yes, great movie, one of my favorites. It has quite a few of my favorite actors…Oldman, Reno, Aiello.

Have you ever seen Reno in a movie called the Big Blue?

Yes, another good Luc Besson/Jean Reno project. But I might only have Big Blue on DVD.

These are 2 other great Reno movies La Femme Nikita (with Besson) & Ronin.

I've not watched either in awhile... I'll have to break out both of these soon:

IU3wVj0.jpg

MmIqlso.jpg