The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I pretty much wore out my Hell Freezes Over DVD with DTS back in 2002-2005....was always one of my reference discs to "show off" my system to neighbors and friends.....this Blu-ray is WAY better.....it's pretty amazing 

Agreed...I use my copy of it to "show off" too along with '77 concert Blu-ray.  The '77 concert isn't as good as Farewell, but I love Take It To The Limit with Randy Meisner singing and Hotel California with Walsh and Felder is awesome. 

Edited by kapsnb01

I've seen all the Harry Potter stuff—didn't enjoy any of them. Not really my thing.  Also seen all the Hunger Games movies—& didn't care for any of them either. Thought those were pretty bad actually.

I've avoided the latest teen-angst-dystopian-series Divergent but, I enjoy Shailene Woodley—so finally checked it out. Kind of difficult to be original within a predictable genre, but it was better than anything mentioned above. Without Shailene Woodley it would be another throwaway film, she successfully carried the film with her character. I really enjoyed all of the exterior/cityscape scenes, the action & tension builds just enough to make this 1st of four films interesting. Hopefully the next installment; Insurgent will build on the story & characters when it gets released in August. 

2QvuyZK.jpg

Edited by Nismo

jupiter-ascending-poster.jpg?w=303&h=450

I think they were kinda hard on the movie. I mean sure, the plot is messy, but I have seen a lot worse. The battles are great, the AQ and PQ are top notch. These Rythmik subs really thump.

Nice to see your FV15HP's get a good workout. Visuals & SFX were excellent... just wish the story & script matched the visuals.

Spoiler Alert...

Do not watch the youtube clip (below).... if you care about that thing.

Here's a hilarious & accurate review.

I actually enjoyed this review better than the movie. (lol)

• Like 2

Very hipster throughout the first 2/3rds of the movie, then things switch gears....and although the plot is relatively predictable even from there on out, the soundtrack and production value had us both in tears at the end. Don't watch the trailers. I didn't until afterwards and I'm very glad because they're misleading and contain spoilers.         Did I mention that soundtrack?? :wub2::emotion-29:

k2-_7a2be962-40c7-4ab3-8adf-7e2283bb8202

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

jupiter-ascending-poster.jpg?w=303&h=450

I think they were kinda hard on the movie. I mean sure, the plot is messy, but I have seen a lot worse. The battles are great, the AQ and PQ are top notch. These Rythmik subs really thump.

Agree 100%. The reviews had my expectations very low, and the movie turned out ok. Plot is not its strong suit, but the visuals and sound are very good.

912X7bFmyhL._SL1500_.jpg

Very nice film, though not one that will tax your sound system.

• Like 1

Pacific Rim is kinda of a mixed bag—for every thing it gets right—it does just as many things that fall short. Great concept with killer SFX, the opening 17 minutes is always a fun to watch. The demo worthy 3D version is incredibly vivid, highly detailed and really captures the enormous sense of scale with the Jaegers & Kaiju (Robot Mechs & Monsters). Idris Elba delivers a strong performance, everyone else not so much. Director Guillermo de Toro always bring a tremendous level of creativity & vision with his films (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), hopefully the upcoming sequel will build on the strengths of this first effort.

HKBhB8O.jpg

Jupiter Ascending:  Lots of action in this one.  Excelllent use of the surround format in Dolby True HD.  Like most Sci Fi movies this one will not win any award but, it perfect for a weekend rental.

WAY too many special effects for me and I really enjoy sci fi.

Director Guillermo de Toro always bring a tremendous level of creativity & vision with his films (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), hopefully the upcoming sequel will build on the strengths of this first effort.

91cP2p2K%2BFL._SL1500_.jpg

Watched this last night for the first time on a big screen. Great movie but quite violent and a super heavy ending. Definitely not for kids. 

• Like 1

Director Guillermo de Toro always bring a tremendous level of creativity & vision with his films (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), hopefully the upcoming sequel will build on the strengths of this first effort.

Watched this last night for the first time on a big screen. Great movie but quite violent and a super heavy ending. Definitely not for kids. 

Guillermo's take on the classic Pan's Labyrinth is a dark, twisted, violent & brutal story. I really enjoyed the eerie tone, kind of a nightmare for grownups. I recall my niece wanting to see Pan's Labyrinth, only to tell her—No, this one is not for you. Great movie.

E3oKzKA.jpg

• Like 1