The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

No, stop thinking setup in a room like a theater shop. Think sam's club, Costco, target even lol. Come on man I know you have been to once of those places in the last 10 years! Go down the isle with the audio stuff and when you see a Bose setup for their lifestyle or 2.1 stuff and it had a video monitor with it prepare to enjoy the coolest demo ever.

Edited by Scrappydue

Watched Insurgent again & the 2nd installment of the series makes for a great entry that builds on the Divergent story line. This release gets the Atmos treatment & overall it does an effective job, especially during the many "sim" sequences.  Even the "real world" scenes benefit with Atmos by making the environments seem big, immersive & convincing. Insurgent isn't going to bombast you over the head from start to finish like MAD MAX, but it takes a more reality based approach with the audio & it really does shine when needed. I did check out the 3D disc & despite the movie being a rather dark title, the 3D was excellent (the "sim" sequences were great examples of 3D).    

FhpVTi.jpg

Insurgents: A good movie and well balanced.  Excellent cinematography.  I got the BD along with Jupiter Ascending and American sniper for $6 each.  So, I have a few more movies to watch. :)   I rented Mad Max but, it's to late to blast the night away.

I enjoyed both Divergent & Insurgent, it will take a few years for them to come out, but looking forward to the completion of the series with #3 & 4. I agree, the cinematography, CGI & picture transfer is excellent. The 3D version of Insurgent is executed extremely well (some of the best 3D Blu-ray has to offer).  

I personally did not care for any of the Harry Potter or Hunger Games movies, so the Divergent series surprised me. I stayed away from the (same dystopian theme) series "The Maze Runner", but after enjoying the Divergent series I might have to try it out. The 2nd Installment of Maze Runner...."The Scorch Trials" looks interesting.

I look forward to your review of MAD MAX. I anticipate the Chicago area getting hit with countless 911 calls, reporting possible seismic activity due to extreme shaking & unusually loud sounds, with the USGS pinpointing your location as the epicenter.