The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Rowan, I need to see both of those movies.

They're both good; but SOC was very well done. It has been a good couple of weeks for releases, with The Martian, Everest, and Straight Outta Compton. Everest has some really solid bass, nothing ULF, but bass that sounds really good. I actually ordered "Into Thin Air", one of the many books written about what happened on Everest in 1996.

Typed on a tiny keyboard, excuse any grammatical errors.

Edited by Rowan611

Yeah. The Martian is great. The book is better, but most books are.

This is generally true, but, on occasion, the movie is better.  I read The Joy Luck Club before I saw the movie, but the movie was better.  It may have helped that the book's author collaborated on the screenplay.

Just watched "A walk among the tombstones" with Liam Neeson. Pretty good movie. Effects and music wise nothing there but a pretty good storyline.

I also watched "Into the woods" and the 2014 release of "Cinderella" with my wife and kids. Both entertaining and really good surround effects in the flick "Into the woods". Not my type of movies personally but great for the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword Of Destiny- No big bangs, explosion, bad language, ect.  This film is a masterpiece just like it's predecessor.  Outstanding cinematography, excellent story line, A+.

I have been wanting to see this but I just could not see how it could possibly come anywhere close to the original.... which is an absolute masterpiece!