The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Magnificent!

Most that see it think the same thing.  The Academy rewarded it as well.  Personally I thought the originals were much better.   I enjoy special effects and CGI when they enhance the movie as opposed to when they are the movie.

We watched "The Room" this weekend.  It certainly made you think but I doubt I'd watch it again.  We mostly watched it due to see Brie Larsons performance that we'd read so much about.

• Like 1

Magnificent!

Most that see it think the same thing.  The Academy rewarded it as well.  Personally I thought the originals were much better.   I enjoy special effects and CGI when they enhance the movie as opposed to when they are the movie.

We watched "The Room" this weekend.  It certainly made you think but I doubt I'd watch it again.  We mostly watched it due to see Brie Larsons performance that we'd read so much about.

Well this is a rare sighting for Carl, lol.  As for Mad Max, I guess I am one of the few that did not care for it on any level.

I guess I am one of the few that did not care for it on any level.

I wasn't a fan either.  I was pretty psyched up to see it as the previews looked awesome but I wasn't impressed with the plot or acting.  I guess that those that didn't watch the originals had no preconceived idea of what they expected to see.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

(mad max)

Magnificent!

I think this movie could easily exist with absolutely no dialog at all.

The dialogue is one of the best parts though, they recorded it very nicely, voices sound perfect compared to lots of movies, even huge ones.  

Personally I thought the originals were much better.   I enjoy special effects and CGI when they enhance the movie as opposed to when they are the movie.

I actually enjoyed the lack of CGI on many of the driving / chase scenes.  Lots of major aspects were actual stunts.  They blew up and destroyed all kinds of vehicles.  The pole guys, crawling under the war rig, all that stuff was actually filmed with real people doing that mess at 50 mph.  Of course, things like the storm and lots of other things were all CGI.  It could have been much, much worse.  Watch the special effects and they show you what was real, that part is really cool.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

It was such a visual feast, I actually watched it 3 times before I picked up on their weird religion.  I realize it's fantasy but that backstory is just as interesting to me as anything else.  

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_V8

Also look up the supposed backstory on the guitar player.  Let's just say that the mask he wears is actually mommy dearest.  Lots of freaky stuff like this embedded in this movie.  

12778992_10153778478734733_7675388637002

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna watch "The Hateful Eight" tonight. Wife is out of town, so I watch whatever I want and turn it up loud......

This movie is one wacky production… A very frantic uneven plot and ride which, is obviously a product of Tarantino's massive Ganga time in the Rockies during the production of this film. I had read about this several months ago and in the article they discussed the absolute insane events, and, crazy amounts of cash floating around that occurred during the production time in the town of Telluride Colorado. This is quite an odd film, in my humble opinion, and can't even compare to a couple of his other classics.

• Like 1

In The Heart Of The Sea: Chis Hemsworth has another worthy film under his name.  A new twist to an old tale of a great whale and man's quest to conquer nature.

Can't wait to see this.  Ron Howard always puts on a good show.

We watched Creed tonight.  I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.  Sly was great.