The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I saw HH in the theaters... talk about a painful experience.  I left the theater feeling sick to my stomach and nauseous because of the visual camera movement.

I saw BvS on disc the other night... I love DC, and I love Zack Sanders visual style. The story was more complete and streamed better than the theater version... albeit a much longer experience.

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I saw HH in the theaters... talk about a painful experience.  I left the theater feeling sick to my stomach and nauseous because of the visual camera movement.

I saw BvS on disc the other night... I love DC, and I love Zack Sanders visual style. The story was more complete and streamed better than the theater version... albeit a much longer experience.

Our video store had two versions of the Batman V Superman.  The long cut was rated R and the uncut long version.:)

7 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Our video store had two versions of the Batman V Superman.  The long cut was rated R and the uncut long version.:)

I've watched both, to be honest I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference.  I thought Batman and Superman fought for way longer but that wasn't really the case.  Extra scenes like the prison shanking tended to show up.  

Watchmen - 2009 Blu-ray disc - This movie surprised me. I was expecting something else all together. Very good overall, it has great audio, a decent story and not too much crazy violence. I was expecting the whole movie to be all kung-Fu fighting and blood.

watchmen.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/15/2012 at 11:31 AM, derrickdj1 said:

220px-The_Grey_Poster.jpg

Excellent Plane crash scene and LFE, ok I jumped a little, lol.

The scene he is referring to has the best, most detailed surround sound I have ever heard.  We only have 5.1, but there were about 5 terrifying loci on each of our side walls, and some way above, even though our surrounds' tweeters are only about 2.5 feet above our ears.  [This is known to be possible; Chesky put out a demo disc about 10 years ago with a vertical dimension demonstrated, and that demo was only 2 channel!]

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 4:25 PM, CECAA850 said:

We watched The Criminal last weekend and really enjoyed it.  Fast paced and a good plot.  I've never seen Costner in a role like that before.

Going to try that one out tomorrow.....Looking forward to seeing it.

I've got sick all of the sudden yesterday after working outside in the heat for the morning. so i spent the evening curled up on the couch and watched looper and project almanac. both movies i enjoyed. today i called in sick since i had a fever this morning. watched a movie called fighting with chaning tatum and terrance howard. it was descent. then after i got out of bed i watched the olympics for half the day on the couch. then before the wife and kid got home and the house got all crazy i watched godzilla. all of this was watched on the new theater upstairs. i can't get over how amazing these speakers are. they aren't going anywhere unless someone comes over and HAS to have them and wants to give me what i think they are worth. but 4 movies for me would normally take 2-4 weeks to watch depending on date nights. 

• Like 2

Sounds like some serious heat exhaustion.  Be careful outside.:)  You have been thru your fair share of speakers and the high praise of the new system carries a lot of weight.  It is great to here you are enjoying them.  I love that new Godzilla and Looper.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2016 at 0:12 PM, derrickdj1 said:

Sounds like some serious heat exhaustion.  Be careful outside.:)  You have been thru your fair share of speakers and the high praise of the new system carries a lot of weight.  It is great to here you are enjoying them.  I love that new Godzilla and Looper.

I agree, his high praise goes a long way. I haven't seen the new Godzilla yet but Looper is awesome. It has so much bass it can almost be overwhelming at times. 

22 minutes ago, Vital said:

I agree, his high praise goes a long way. I haven't seen the new Godzilla yet but Looper is awesome. It has so much bass it can almost be overwhelming at times. 

Oh man if you think looper has bass give the Godzilla Blu Ray a watch. Pretty awesome bass also 

• Like 1

I recently went through the Transformer 4-movie set, which I got on ebay for under $20 :)

Surprisingly every one is too long, why they thought they needed a 2.5 hr movie each time is beyond me.

But with each movie, the sound improves and has more and more low end.

I watched as my 4yo son loves them, but they are worthy of a watch if you haven't seen them before.

Some of the slo-mo bass drops when the Transformers are flying through the air are epic :)

You guys should give "10 Cloverfield Lane".  It's a good movie that keeps the suspense high the whole time.   It's sort of a psychological roller coaster.   PLUS the LFE in this movie was insane.   For the first 45 minutes there is a constant deep hum from the sound of a generator powering the fallout shelter and the end has an excellent amount of bass to show off your systems.   I loved it on my SVS PB-2000.  For those of you with multiple subs,  I'm sure you would enjoy it. I had a group of friends over to enjoy some new equipment in the theater and this movie was a perfect choice. 

Cole

I've got to say, "the grandmaster" was pretty meh.  Lots of strange and annoying photography techniques where they tried to make it pretty but it didn't work.  There was one cool fight scene in the rain, which is like on every poster, that's about it.  The choreography was top notch and it's at least a semi-true story so that's interesting, but the cinematography was ill conceived.  I'm a fan of the IP Man trilogy so I had big hopes but this one just can't hang.  

yi_dai_zong_shi_ver2.jpg

The Jungle Book: This movied surprised me.  It was not a boring remake of the original.  The actor thay played Mowgli was very good and should be up for an award but, that won't happen since he is not well know.  The characters were all well developed and the cinematorgrahy was excellent along with the computer graphics.

This is a great family movie!  Excellent use of speacial effect and great surround sound to boot.

j6N9CwAAQBAJ.jpg

• Like 1