The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Last Blu-Ray that I watched was Mortal Kombat Legacy, season 1. If you were ever into the MK games, or anything similar, I highly recommend this. The production quality is 1000 years above and beyond that of the mortal Kombat movies that came out in the past. You can stream it from Youtube as well.

On 10/14/2016 at 0:09 PM, Scrappydue said:

Well of course. But I'm saying with all the articles out there, to not judge the sq or video quality on the rentals. 

What provider are you talking about with rentals? I use Vudu, and it all is supposedly blu ray quality with 7.1 surround. You have three options when you rent, SD,HD, and HDX. HD being 720 and HDX being 1080p with 7.1. I wonder how it could be different renting and streaming it from vudu as opposed to buying it and streaming it from vudu...

edit*

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/redbox-renter-beware-mystery-missing-audio-track#o89G7EUYiPG4wcLv.97

I believe this is the article you were referring to. Ya it looks like those are disc based rentals, not streaming. Sorry I jumped the gun, streaming is the only way I will rent a movie nowadays. It's about a dollar more than redbox, but I don't have to return it after.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chasec2021 said:

What provider are you talking about with rentals? I use Vudu, and it all is supposedly blu ray quality with 7.1 surround. You have three options when you rent, SD,HD, and HDX. HD being 720 and HDX being 1080p with 7.1. I wonder how it could be different renting and streaming it from vudu as opposed to buying it and streaming it from vudu...

edit*

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/redbox-renter-beware-mystery-missing-audio-track#o89G7EUYiPG4wcLv.97

I believe this is the article you were referring to. Ya it looks like those are disc based rentals, not streaming. Sorry I jumped the gun, streaming is the only way I will rent a movie nowadays. It's about a dollar more than redbox, but I don't have to return it after.

Yeah have just read it lots of places. I only rent redbox. Only live about 1.5 miles from three of them. Plus usually take the Harley to get them. Funner to run errands on it so don't mind returning. 

16 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

Yeah have just read it lots of places. I only rent redbox. Only live about 1.5 miles from three of them. Plus usually take the Harley to get them. Funner to run errands on it so don't mind returning. 

Yea, i mean to each his own. I just prefer not having to make a special trip over it. I used to use redbox.. i was always late returning stuff. Vudu fit my personality of laziness

• Like 1

Pacific Rim 3D.  This movie has been out for a while so, no comment on the film.  Same good audio and decent 3D effects.  3D movies are excellent to watch at lower volumes.  The visual stimuli  has a way of replacing the some of the missing audio.

71OyXDZ%2B6iL._SL1035_.jpg

19 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

World War Z:  This not a new movie so, nothing on the movie itself.  This one is also a good pic for 3D.

World War Z Poster

After horrible reviews I've seen it maybe 3 times now.   It's actually quite good I thought.  Some very good sound clips especially with a lot of bass slide moments.  Opening scene in NYC is an excellently scary one :)

• Like 1