The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

I did enjoy it more than the last 2 or 3 X-men movies.  You could real feel for Logan and Dr. C.  I also watched American Mummy in 3D.  This movie I won't post to keep anyone else from having to see it.  Definite C grade film, lol.

7 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Logan: This is much different than some of the X-Men movies.  Decent storyline and surprising ending.  It will be interesting to see what  direction the franchise will take next.

images.jpg

Saw this one in the theater and agreed with an earlier comment that the fbombs felt like a new toy since they hadn't been used to date.  More realistic?  Probably, they can do what they want.

I really liked the devastation Prof X could cause with his mind, for the reasons put forth (ahem - don't want to spoil it).  I didn't care for the method for his condition by the end (is that vague enough to not completely ruin it?).  It felt quite anti climactic for that character, but it's xmen...  They can simply jump to a new timeline and do it again differently at any time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching Ghost in the Shell (2017) at home on my last day of this "vacation" .. Good sountrack and audio effects, visuals, story is solid overall. I can understand why uber fans find it lacking when compared to the entire anime story arc, but I think uber fans are often times their own worst enemies when it comes to trying to adapt hardcore nerd content for mainstream consumption. It's perfectly watchable and enjoyable.

ghost-in-the-shell-poster-1-e14878149568

• Like 1

I absolutely love that movie... way more than the original anime version, and I was at the original first showing in the United States when it was released.

While a bit longer than the original, the movie is more concise and not drawn out by shirows need to overly word up the explanations.

One issue I always hear is a comparison with the horrible Lucy... what a bunch of hogwash.

• Like 2

I know what I watched a couple nights ago... I got an import version of They still call me Trinity. The second Trinity movie staring the great Terrence Hill and his partner Bud Spencer.

s-l1600.jpg

It's a great Italian Spaghetti Western.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching Kong (2017)... it really acquitted itself quite admirably and was a fantastic second movie in the Monarch universe. 

I loved the stylistic ques and respectful treatment it gave to the Toho Genre... 

The homage the movie gave to nostalgia as it relates to those of us that actually lived thru the good old days of Monster movies did not go unnoticed.

I can't wait for the third installment.

Now that I have a uhd Oppo, I played several hdr discs I had purchased, ghost in the shell, Kong, superman V bat man... they all looked spectacular even though I am still using a 1080p non hdr monitor.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, derrickdj1 said:

Kong, Skull Island: Decent audio and visual effects.  Not an Oscar winner but, with the soundtrack, definitely worth a watch if you are a fan of this type of movie.MV5BZWQwOWZhN2UtOTY0OS00ZTg4LWJkZTMtYThlMjRkOTQxOWExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjczOTE0MzM@._V1_.jpg

+1 I think this is a perfect summary.  Nice for home theater, not going to watch it over and over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never considered myself to be a fan of "comic book" movies, but decided to get this when I picked up a Sony 4K bluray player. This is awesome. Watched it a couple times already. Bought the 1st one too. I like the 2nd one better.  The interaction between the characters and the story is really good. Who would have thought I'd like a movie with a talking raccoon and baby tree? The music from the lead character mom (awesome mix pt 2) was great. Loved the beginning scene from the movie.

This is is the first movie I really pushed with the Forte III's and RC-64II.  Since the Fortes have a lot of bass to them, I set the AVR settings for left and right speakers to large. Combined with my sub it sounded great. It had the whole room vibrating. Had some friends over during my second viewing and they were impressed by the sound.

i saw someone saying the Fortes wouldn't make a good Home Theater speaker. They were way wrong.

IMG_0066.JPG

• Like 1