The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

On 7/14/2017 at 9:16 PM, Schu said:

I know what I watched a couple nights ago... I got an import version of They still call me Trinity. The second Trinity movie staring the great Terrence Hill and his partner Bud Spencer.

s-l1600.jpg

It's a great Italian Spaghetti Western.

Trinity is Still My Name is the American title for the 2nd

lol the best comedy westerns ever good call

Very.....VERY few people knew these movies but the Trinity theme song is used by quentin Tarrantino to end Django Unchained.   the entire ending is a shout out to trinity.  i never felt better about my movie background than when he did that....if q loved trinity that much it explains my love for his creations ☺  

The Edge

Everyone is familiar with this Bear movie, truly a fright and delight.

Visually striking the sound alas is lacking, clearly the "old school" of sound mixing.

the theme song has blaring horns but the mix is quite poor.

i spent $5 buying a copy on amazon and honestly am still quite pleased its easily a 3.5star movie imo

1st time i have been disappointed in a blu ray mix i suppose that it simply plays it as recorded

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Schu said:

91fF-H1GNUL._SL1500_.jpg

The Dark Knight looks spectacular on UHD/hdr10... it's a variable aspect ratio presentation due to part of the being shot in iMax.

This is a title I’ve pondered upgrading from Blu-ray to UHD Blu-ray. Just get tired of having to pay to upgrade hardware on some of my favorites every 5-10 years.

28 minutes ago, rplace said:

The Founder. Interesting story. Worth every minute spent watching.

I read Ray Kroc's book "Grinding it out" years back, it went a little different than the movie. I was almost sickened by the movie, seemed very anti-capitalistic to me. 

6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I read Ray Kroc's book "Grinding it out" years back, it went a little different than the movie. I was almost sickened by the movie, seemed very anti-capitalistic to me. 

Really, I'll have to check it out. Always good to get both sides. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We watched Get Out last night.  The trailers never sucked me in but my daughter really wanted to see it.  She likes scary type movis and this was a psychological thriller.  It was much better than I expected and is even Rotten Tomatoes highest rated movie of the year.  Glad we rented it.