The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

9 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

I am a scuba diver, and after hundreds of dives

Me too, PADI certified since 1996 though have not dived in 10+ years.  Spoiled living here in Florida but have not taken advantage in too many years.

Bill

How on earth can you live in Florida and not dive? I don't dive in Seattle because it it too damn cold but people say it is magnificent.  I prefer the Pacific over the Atlantic every day, but if it were out my door, I would be out every day.  Besides, you have sunken galleons to find.

• 2 weeks later...

Double feature weekend. Dunkirk and Battle of the Sexes. Both worth watching. Dunkirk while not the best story line (can't decide if it wants to be a war movie or have a human touch) has fantastic cinematography. Both of the leads (Emma/Steve) in Battle of the Sexes did a great job at capturing that era. Worth it alone just to see Steve Carell play tennis with a racket in one hand and two dogs on a leash in the other. Growing up I thought Bobby Riggs was a pompous, washed up jerk. If the movie is at all accurate he seems like he would have been a fun guy to hand out with and shoot the S***.

Dunkirk.jpg

movieposter.jpg

Lol,  Watched Blade Runner 2049 the other day and dug it.  looked great on my 114" 2:35 screen, the sound, the driving bass and the pacing as well.  Was in no hurry for it to end and even let the credits scroll as we listened to the music till it wound down.  

• Like 2

On 1/15/2018 at 12:49 AM, vasubandu said:

@MarkPayton Too violent for my tastes. How about something with great sound, but not a musical.  Surely there is some standard setter.

After watching Hacksaw Ridge, I must disagree about the level of violence in Dunkirk - those two films are like night and day!  However, as a parent I wouldn't watch either with young children. 

Which brings me to a variant on Vasubandu's question: can folks recommend movies with great surround soundtracks that are also family friendly?  Blade Runner 2049 has a killer LFE track, but it's certainly adults (or at least late teens) only. Ideas? Suggestions?

9 hours ago, MarkPayton said:

Which brings me to a variant on Vasubandu's question: can folks recommend movies with great surround soundtracks that are also family friendly?  Blade Runner 2049 has a killer LFE track, but it's certainly adults (or at least late teens) only. Ideas? Suggestions?

Marvel series...Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc....

Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon (both), Transformers (all) Fast and Furious series

On 2/4/2018 at 3:00 AM, MarkPayton said:

After watching Hacksaw Ridge, I must disagree about the level of violence in Dunkirk - those two films are like night and day!  However, as a parent I wouldn't watch either with young children. 

Guardians of the galaxy, Pirates of Caribbeans, Transformers, Jack the giant slayer, Geostorm.