The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Wow!  Not sure.  It's been so long.  Probably one of the Batman movies from a few years ago.   I use my expensive Yamaha Blu Ray player to mostly listen to CD's.   It seems like we only stream over our Roku anymore.

Watched two films. One last night and one I finished up this morning.  The first one up is Super Troopers 2. This one was trying way to hard like most sequels do. Farva was all over the place and given way to many lines.  It was good to see the gang back together again but it just wasnt funny.  They couldn't capture that lightning in a bottle like they did the first time.  I wouldnt waste my time with this one.

The next film was The Equalizer with Denzel Washington.  I had skipped this movie when it came out but I happened to catch the trailer for the sequel that opens up tomorrow and it actually looked pretty good.So before going to see that one I thought I would give this one a go.  I was happily suprised with this one.  Denzel plays this role pretty close to the vest and doesnt have a lot of stupid one liners and other cliches that come along with these types of movies.  The action was good and not over the top and the bad guy was a real nasty. Looking forward to the next one.

equalizer.jpg

supertroopers2.jpg

3 hours ago, jbsl said:

image.jpeg.a75b14a3f663928c111eec5ce40a38c8.jpeg

Tonight!👽  Have not watched it in 15 years. 

I remember watching this movie when it came out in and being bored to tears but i was 8. I really need to revisit it. I know i have it on laserdisc around here somewhere.

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Another Ghibli title with the family..

Howl's Moving Castle

poster-howl-s-moving-castle-2-1563946.jp

I never saw what people thought were so great about his films. I just found them boring and the animation ok but not great. This is probably due to me not seeing one of his films unti Princess Monoke in the theaters whe it was originally released with a english cast. I always appreciated what he did for anime i just did not really enjoy his films.

1 hour ago, Speed said:

Does it enhance sound quality for music ? I keep hoping for a new audio format, but with current CD sales it may be a while...

You can find stuff in DVD-A, SACD, and bluray audio. SACD is kind of a pain tho because not every player plays it. 

I_Feel_Pretty.png

Better Than expected. Actually laughed out loud once or twice. Did not drag out like so many do. Worth every minute of my life I spent watching it. Wish I could say that about all movies. Not fantastic, but worth it if you are looking for something light/funny.

Have not been watching many movies but did watch Blockers the other night. It had some pretty laugh out moments.  Most of the funny stuff is in the trailers though.  John Cena was actually pretty good in this and he is really coming out as his own actor.  He seems to be following the Rock in his progression of becoming a movie star.  If you are looking for a movie to waste the night away you cant do worse than this one. 

Blockers_(film).png

• Like 1

Did not have a lot of time this weekend but did squeez in some movies. First up was Rampage. I like the Rock but it seems that he does not always pick the best roles.  The movie is pretty sub par but moves along pretty quickly.  I honestly thought that the monsters would be the size of Godzilla or something but they were much smaller.

Next up was an oldy.  My kid was looking through the list of movies and stopped on Terminator 2.  This was the old DVD issue and the movie has held up suprisingly well.  The action is great and the CGI was really good for that time period.  The only thing that makes me cringe is Edward Furlong.  I did not realize his voice broke that much in the movie.  Everytime he talked/yelled his voice cracked. 

rampage.jpg

terminator2.jpg